Homemade bath paint

My nephew Sheamus has his first birthday today (hard to believe) so I was trying to think of a birthday present to give him besides the dinosaur I got him in Colorado. I was cleaning (keyword was) the studio when I came across this recipe for homemade bath paint from Kojo Designs. I knew I had to drop everything to make it for his birthday :)

The cool thing about this project it is easy and 100% washable.

All you need:

1/4 cup shampoo/ or hand soap/ or body wash (use whatever soapy thing you have lying around, great use for shampoo you didn’t like, or the end of the body wash)


1/4 cup corn starch

1-2 TBS water

3-4 drops food coloring (I used neon and added more to make it brighter)   Lucky for me I had plenty of shampoo lying around. So that helped. I decided to mix each color in plastic cups that I leftover from my 50 Shades party plus and I picked up plastic spoons too.   Combine cornstarch, shampoo, and food coloring. Add water 1/2 a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is thick enough to stick to the paint brush without much dripping, but thin enough to paint a line. If it gets too runny, add more cornstarch, too thick, add more water.   I followed the instructions to a T.  Then I tested each color on my bathroom tile to make sure it was the right thickness:
Here is neon blue :)


 After I mixed each color, I put them into ZipLoc containers:


You can use empty baby food jars if you have them laying around. Best part is they come 8 in a pack so you can make a batch for yourself then give some away because the food coloring comes in a four pack. :)

Of course I made some for myself :)


Also this is a good project on Science/Math for kiddos to teach them about measuring etc. I just thought I'd throw that out there since it is Summer and you want to keep the kiddos learning even though school is out!


Comments

Popular Posts