Mermaid hook

I've been in the process of re-doing my bathroom. It's been a slow process and I'm okay with that. I will post some of progress later on (promise!). My theme is mermaids. The idea came to me one day when I was checking out a few beachy themed websites, and I fell in love with the vintage mermaid signs. The idea was born.

One thing I wanted was a mermaid figure of some kind. I searched Etsy and came across a few I liked, but I didn't have the money and I thought maybe just maybe I could find some locally perhaps.

Lo and behold at Junkstock I found my mermaid!!

As you can see she's a bit rusted and the ones I found on Etsy were re-painted. So I knew I could re-paint to give her new life. So I quickly got a can of spray paint (blue of course) and gave her a spray.

After she dried, I took some sand paper and did kind of a distressed look to her. So here is a before and after picture side by side:



I don't know about you but I am smitten with my mermaid! Her tail doubles as a hook so I hung my favorite blue puka shells on it :) 

I'll show more of my mermaid bathroom soon!!

Thanks for stopping!

Comments

Popular Posts