Glittered key

This week I am on vacation in Colorado so all the following posts this week are post dated for your reading pleasure enjoy!

I am a pintrest junky. They're some awesome projects on there! I've tried a couple and I'm finally sharing one of them.

First and foremost this is the link of where I got the project here.

I love glitter and also my dad's house key and mine look alike. (In fact I always try to use his into my lock) I had sloved the problem with a keycap for mine but those are a bugger to put on. Anyways, I still wanted to try this project.

All you need is Elmers glue, glitter, your key and clear coat of nail polish.

First cover your key with the glue:



Next shake on the glitter let dry, shake off the access, and let dry. For each side for a couple hours or overnight then repeat on the other side:



Finally take your clear nail polish and give each side a coat. Let dry:





From what I understand this keeps the glitter from flaking off. However it still does. I'm guessing that I need to use a less corse glitter than what I did.

But still it was easy and fun.

Now go glitter all your keys!!

Comments

Popular Posts