Relay For Life

I'm ending the week with a post about Relay before I forget plus I'm still playing catch-up after being home for a week :)

If you've been around for a while you know how important Rleay is to me. In fact my humble beginnings on this blog was a post about Relay.

I have been Relaying for 6 years. I was a team captian for three years and have been on the planning committee for about 4 years I think? It's all starting to blur together now! It's been a part of my life for quite sometime and I can't imagine not being a part of it. he sad thing is I've known so many people who somehow been effected by cancer. It stinks but that's why I do it.

Let's get onto the photos shall we?


This is Ride to Cure Cancer. Another awesome charity in my county they raised so much money at their poker run for Relay last year they've earned Jade level on sponsorship. They always lead our survivor lap. The guy on the far right (in Red) is my friend Charity's husband Rich :)

Our theme for 2013 was Team Up Fight Back so my team chose baseball or "Save 2nd Base" since my team captain is a breast cancer survivor:



It meant having to be creative in displaying everything!


This is home plate I made from foam board and painter's tape of course  baseball ducks guarding it ;)

Next our some of the luminarias that line the track and light our way during the night and we have them in honor and in memory of loved ones:


These are my dad's made by yours truly (one does have duck tape on it!)



The others and two of are in memory of my aunt who passed away before I even knew her. My grandma had breast cancer too and my other aunt is a 1 year breast cancer survivor too.

This year the weather was very windy and cold but NO RAIN! This is the 2nd time since I have been Realying it hasn't rained. Plus my 2nd time staying all night.

Here is a picture of my survivor my dad and me!

We raised $108,946.90 which is amazing. One day cancer will be a distant memory. Until then I will keep doing what I'm doing and not give up HOPE!



Have a great weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts