Monkey cards

You'll definitely go bananas over these cards:


My friend and co-worker Shannona asked me to make her some monkey cards and I was happy to oblige. Plus I am trying to challenge myself a little more card making wise anyways. I am trying to step out of the rectangle card shape boz or whatever. Anyways...

The card came from an '09 issue of Pack-O-Fun magazine and is a Valentines card byt it can be used for a b-day too or whatever your heat desires. The trick of the card is the mouth which is supposed to open for your greeting. So what I did was 1st made a couple copies of the pattern that I could hack up in order to figure out how to make the mouth open. What I ended up doing was cutting the mouth in half then making tabs at the top and bottom of the lips so I could attach them onto the monkey. It worked then I added more paper to "hide" the tabs and still have a place to write the greeting.

Shannon had asked me if I could also make a girl mokey card too. Why not? Same procedure just put a bow on top of her head. I had to make a tab for the bow too. Then I was on a paper punch dot high when I made these so the bows have dots all over. In the magazine the bow tie has hearts on them made from foam. I was SO NOT going to cut little heats out of foam when paper dots are easier and also fun but not as much fun as gluing them down. I've said that before I know live and learn.
_________________________

My mom was admitted to the hospital today. She has an UTI and has been complaining of an stomach ache the last few days so they brought her in. When I talked to my dad at 6pm she seemed to be doing alright making jokes and talking up a storm that's my mom for ya :0)


Was also bummed out to hear the Danica Patrick (Indy race car driver) had an DNF today on her 1st NASCAR Nationwide race. DNF stands for Did Not Finish which you so don't want in the racing world. She has now 12 races the season along with her Indy racing too. She is quite a role model and cool part is she's 27 a year older than I am which I totally think is cool. I am just hoping Dale Jr. has better season he so needs it!

Happy V-day to those who celebrate it and Happy Chiense New Year too!

Comments

Popular Posts