Weekend update and news!

All I can say is what a weekend!! I am uber sad that it’s over and uber sad that it was a total buzz kill. Mother Nature wasn’t nice and dumped more snow on us so my trip to Omaha was cancelled I spent majority of the day Friday scooping. Saturday, Mary, her fiancé Jacob, my brother and I went to the MLC double-header b-ball game. I had scored tickets to work’s corporate suite so Mary and I sat to watch the game plus we got to enjoy yummy free food! But both the women and men lost! The women by 10 and the men well it was by 20 but we left after half time because it looked like they weren’t making an effort. Saturday night I went to dad’s got my taxes filed dad is such a great help!

Then Sunday woke up to more snow but we made it to Sunday school where we had a new student a boy by the name of Damian he was very sweet and we had our little v-day party. It was Sunday evening during the Super bowl, when our issues with the house got worse. We have a washer that has a tub that empties the water into I’m guessing that’s pretty old-fashioned. Gosh I remember when my grandpa had a washer that he hooked up to the sink. Anywho the tub wasn’t draining and when we drained the sink in the kitchen it backed up into the tub, grrr. So time was spent bailing water out of the tub. Plus I am having FB mobile issues I haven’t been able to get on since Thursday. I plan on getting wireless Internet for our place with my refund but overall I guess it is a good thing because I was becoming such a junkie and I was planning on giving it up for Lent anyways. However I was happy the Saints won to be honest my plan was to root for whoever I didn’t care either way but after seeing the comeback the Saints made reminded me a lot of Nebraska so… Plus there were a few funny commercials too.


Okay enough of the yuckiness here is some good news! This is what I got in the mail Saturday:





My wonderful Vicki Chrisman has created a die cut with the good peeps at AccuCut and she has asked 10 lucky people to play along her blog with this new shadow box die. Yup that means I am one of the lucky 10 to play along *happy dance!* Here is a close up of the die (it's a bit blurry sorry):




So along with the dies she sent some yummies from Crafty Secrets for us to use too! We have to use at least one image then whatever our heart desires for the rest. Deadline is March 22nd, which is sweet because it gives me time to figure out linking stuff out on here. This will be such a fun project!

Also if you noticed I have a hip new badge on my page too. On the crafty chica's website she is having a contest to make a love shrine so I will be submitting a design to that as well! More details to come on that as they develop :0) After a lousy weekend this makes up for it!!

I was going to share a card but I had some issues with it so I will have to remake it and show you another time. Come back soon you scant be disappointed!


Comments

  1. Maggie... I'm so so so glad you are going to play along. If you need help with linking.. just give me a call, I'll walk you through it.. it's super easy once you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts