Love and a tossed together card

Since V-day is around the corner I thought I’d talk a little about the “L” word before I show my card I made yesterday. As I said yesterday that I was entering the love shrine contest with the Crafty Chica. Her new book due out in March Waking up in the land of Glitter her one character Star makes a love shrine to woo back her boyfriend Theo. Added bonus in the back the book Kathy (the Crafty Chica) includes instructions on how to make a shrine of your own! The contest is basically making a shrine of what you love.

So when I got off work I grabbed my cigar box that I had sitting around and my original plan for the shrine wasn’t going to work, that meant I had to think of something else. Then I looked at my wall by my bed and one of the things on my wall I have is a calendar picture of a beach somewhere (that’s a country song btw) perfect blue sky, clear blue water, white, palm trees and a hammock. I put the picture there to remind me to relax sometimes when I am getting for bed and many a times that image is what I see before I close my eyes. Then it hit me duh! The beach is what I love as much as anything.

The reasons I like Kenny Chesney (besides the fact that he is good looking lol) is his deep love for the islands and warm weather. I experienced that love first hand a few summers back I had spoke with my ex and he was telling me about his new girlfriend and wonderful life he had now it broke my heart literally I wasn’t sure what to do after we got off the phone so I packed a bag and headed to the state lakes here. I grabbed my chair from the trunk and went to Victory Lake; sat in the chair with my feet into the sand. I just sat, cried a little, listened to KC, sank my toes deeper into the sand, and after sometime I got it. I felt a sense of peace sitting there, that somehow I’d get through it. The lakes have that calming effect on me like KC sings in the Old Blue Chair “I let go of the lovers that took a piece of my heart.” From then on I love summer and going to the beach, when I sink my toes into that warm sand is like no other feeling in the world. If that’s love I don’t know what is. So the image on my wall is going to be the centerpiece of my shrine. I spent the afternoon today getting my beach embellies together, and the next step is take a few notes before starting but I am excited for this project! Stayed tuned as they develop!

Okay so I had also mentioned that my card I made didn’t turn out. It was a birthday card for my co-worker Sandy. I was about to put the final touch to the card when the hole I had punch at the top ripped. At first I didn’t know whether to swear or cry I just sat there staring at the sad little torn hole trying to figure out what to do next. First (stupid) thought came to my mind punch another hole, and I did bad, horrible, did I mention stupid? Okay breathe just make another I card I told myself you still have the pattern, etc go to grab the paper pack I used not in my bag gone. Now what? Mad at myself for taking out the paper pack my eyes goes right to the pile of Crafty Secrets images from the picture I took for yesterdays post (from Vicki) and it just so happens to be a Happy Birthday image perfect for a card. Someone up there likes me.

Added bonus just enough pink paper to make a card too! Looking good then I looked at the image again, the lady in the picture reminds me of a Stepford wife I don’t know why (sidebar: hated the book never saw the movie) then it hit me (again) polka dots. Perfect background for the card before placing the image on the card, out comes the paper punch along with the confetti and the tedious job of gluing down those silly circles down all over the paper. The end result:



A decent card tossed together at the last possible moment. I admit as an artist sometimes we throw stuff together (maybe half-assed in my case *grins*) and it actually turns out good in our favor-better than we thought going into this head first, also I think we work better under pressure (sometimes). Sandy loved the card btw and I showed Shannon the picture I snapped to post on here and she says “Your so creative” my favorite words for job well done.

Oh and that card? I will be re-doing because it is uber-cute (uber is my new word) so you will be seeing again soon.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Comments

Popular Posts