Checking in

Since it is a new month and all I thought I’d at least check in before the business of the month overwhelms me. The Relay kick off went successful, we have 41 teams signed up all we need is 24 more to reach the goal of 65! How awesome is that? I’ve got to get to work on getting a team formed for my church, plus committee planning and stuff as well is going to keep me pretty busy. But I wouldn’t have it any other way, Relay means so much to me.

On the creative front I decided on Sunday night to work on my pink ribbon project, get some of the ribbons assembled and I had settled upon my surface. I had a great idea to use a cardboard tri fold display (you know the kind you use for science fairs?) Mary has one laying around that she plans to use for a puzzle, I thought it’d be the perfect size to hold all my ribbons I come up with and I could just cut off the sides. Well I go to Wal-Mart to get this display nothing. I looked up and down the craft/school supply section. The only one I found was made of foam and a bit smaller than what I wanted. Here we go again with the love/hate relationship I have with Wal-Mart *groan*. I swear they just had them in and now they don’t figures. Hopefully I can make a trip to Omaha if Mother Nature cooperates!!

This totally sucks! Here I was getting motivated to get to work on the forever back burning project only for it to forced back on the burner because of stupid Wal-Mart. As it turned out, I tried to make more ribbons as well and getting the short end of stick on that too. ARGH! Maybe I’ll have to a small break for now.

Be back again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts