The Mysterious Lady

Hi! I was feeling a bit off Monday so I really didn’t feel like posting anything I think I had a case of the Mondays. Tuesday I got up around noon and went to Yankee Peddler West one of the many antique stores in Fremont (one of my favorites). I was on a mission I’ll get to that in a bit but 1st I am going to share with one of my finds this picture:


Isn’t she beautiful? I was instantly drawn to her. She was in a box of old photos near the front of the store for a buck. At first when I looked I saw but didn’t take the picture. Instead I continued to look around for what I was really after then before I left I went to the box and I knew she was going to have a new home with me. She reminds me of the old painting by some of the greats Leo DaVinci for one. I think the reason I am drawn to her is one the pretty hair, rosy cheeks, and the rose she holds plus the simplicity of the picture too.

What made me sad about the box is that some of those pictures are from people who don’t have anyone anymore to pass these photos onto. There was another one that I didn’t get of an husband and wife he was in the service so he was in dress attire it reminded me a lot of a picture if mom and dad that was taken before they got married. But I plan to visit Yankee again soon to maybe take some time look through those pictures!

Anyways the reason I went to Yankee was for vintage Coke ads. I was very happy to have found a box of them! I took home two that I really loved but I could of gotten more! I had gotten some Coke bellies from PT’s and now I have an idea of what to do with them! I really want to thank Vince at YPW for showing me the awesome Coke items that he had too! Did you know they have 90 calorie Coke cans now? They are about the size of a tomato juice can! I am so getting some to share with y’all!

Before I go. I did get a start on the project for Vicki. I am about done with it! Plus I’ve dug out the duck tape again more on that soon!
Have a good Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts