Painting the town red




The picture above is from paint the town red event I attended Tuesday night. It was the centerpiece at the table I sat at. It was a paint bucket with shiny red/silver tissue paper, with sparkly silver peacock feathers (I thought they were awesome! I had no idea the were silver ones did you?) And a cute paint palette. Plus the pretty sparkly heart on the can. Some of other tables had smaller paint cans with a brush and a red paint samples in them! I should of ran around with my camera and took pictures of the others but I didn't really want to be the crazy camera girl *grins* Such a cute idea! I may have to do that as a decoration sometime!

Okay enough about the table decorations :0), even though I could probably spend 20 minutes or so talking about it!!! Paint the town red talked about your heart (very appropriate since February is heart month or week whatever) we had some of our heart doctors speak, along with one our ER Drs, and one of our family practice doctor too. But the main speaker was NU volleyball head coach John Cook. John is such an amazing speaker and coach no wonder the v-ball team has a good reputation! I was a bit disappointed that the Tribune didn’t have a write up of him speaking just a picture. I wish I had a tape recorder because a lot of what he said was so inspiring! I do remember one thing that he said and I will share with you what he tells his players. They must have 3 bones a backbone, a wishbone and a funny bone. That is what I remembered and I wished I could remember the rest! But his said the players are very visual people, which I found interesting because you know as artists we are VERY visual but I thought it was cool how they use quotes, clips from movies, and the Bible to motivate the team.

I also got the opportunity to meet John and get a picture with him! I was SO nervous you would of thought I was meeting Bret Michaels himself LOL. But he was the nicest guy and I can’t wait to make a page of it!! Now I know why my cousin Steve follows this team so closely!

After a brief “creative breakdown” I have some more cards to make, plus some other goodies to come! Yes I will have something for Chinese New Years this week I haven’t forgotten! I am just happy to have some ideas to work on! Plus an anwesome oppurnity but that is a surprise!!

Alotta brownies opened downtown Monday so I had to stop in a try some yummy brownie goodness. I behaved and cut the brownie in half so I wouldn't spoil my diet too much. It’s nice to have a place like that in Fremont because we don’t really have places like anymore since Vienna closed its doors.

Last but not least work is awesome and invited Kristen from the Y to teach the ultimate cardio class Wednesdays for the month of February at work (she teaches the class at the Y Fridays and Tuesdays as well). Let’s just say I worked off the brownie in no time! The class was good I worked up a sweat and I’m feeling it now in my legs and other places no pain no gain right?

Enough ramblings from me today I will be back with something crafty tomorrow!


PS. Could also tell Mother Nature to lay off on the snow for Friday? I really want to go to Omaha!! Target, Micheals, and Hobby Lobby are shouting my name! :0)

Comments

Popular Posts