Tales from the dryer

I am here sort of.  I haven't really anything creative to share yet but the gears are slowly turning. Onto this post though about the randomness of my life.

A week ago out dryer was on the fritz.  It took forever to dry anything I discovered this while trying to do my loads of laundry.  I wanted to avoid calling our Landlord (known as LL) LL is a nice guy but that's it. He is a slacker in the fixing-up-our-home-department.  He does have other tenant's (from what we know) another business (concrete) and has a couple of kids but still.  He is always a slacker. At one point he tried to give up his properties but that failed.

Let's see there was the dreaded tree root fiasco, our shed blowing over taking the fence out and landing in the neighbor's yard (kinda like wizard of OZ but no witch was under it I checked) and our ceiling leakage in the laundry room last winter. 

So last Tuesday he came and looked at the dryer he took out enough lint to make a cat (seriously) and said the heating element went out of it. He was going to have someone fix it here is what an inside of a dryer looks like if you're curious:

We keep bugging him and he said someone would come over yesterday. So I gave up my day to sit around and wait ok so it wasn't a total loss I watched a few old episodes of The Simpons Treehouse of Horror on DVD. But it kind of annoyed me I could of worked on my bench or caught on sleep. I'm just saying. 

Today he came and fixed or so we thought.  Mary noticed the smell first and hot burning smell then I confirmed it. We called the LL and he said the dryer was done for.  He said he would look for a new one (or used) for us. He said that he usually doesn't do this for his tenants.  I'm like what? Because when got the place in 2007, it had all the appliances in it  fridge, oven, washer and dryer.  I wanted to smack him.

I've heard horror stories of LL's in the past and we've talked about moving but this is getting nuts.  We're good tenants we pay our rent on time, and we usually don't complain much is too hard to fix what's broken?

Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts