The pinup graduate

Today is a BIG day for me.

Actually the last three weeks have been. I had my Vixen shoot, then last Saturday was Pinup Pageant, and  today I am graduating from college!

As you know, I have already a degree in Graphic Design, but I decided to go back to school in 2015 to get a diploma in Personal Training. Originally, I was supposed to graduate this year but I had a TON of setbacks and I wasn't going to be done until 2018 plus no chance of graduating at all because my school in Omaha is going to be closing at the end of December 2017.

I basically filed the thought to the back of mind and just continued to move forward with my schooling. But as it turns out I am able to graduate today! I will be done with my program as of December 2017 but all students that are going to be done by then will also be graduating Friday too.

The last two years have not been easy for me. Being a 2nd time college student is one thing but being a 34-year old college student is another! There have been only 9 of us total since I've been attending (myself included) and about over 20 students that have been enrolled into the program and have dropped. A lot of the students were younger than I was only a few have been around my age. College is not for the faint of heart.

When I went the first time (over ten years ago) I waited a year before I went and then I attended. That was also two years as well and actually I wished I stay on another year to get my BA but you live and learn. I seriously wanted to quit so many times and I even took a semester off (last winter 2016). Like I said I was told I wasn't going to be able to graduate at all which was really hard for me to hear when you have worked really, really hard at something at then you're told you can't do something that you were set to do it puts a damper on everything! Even though you have to continue to move forward.

Which at times was not easy! I get a bit of anxiety at times, plus I had a ton of stress and a bit of depression. I took a ton of self care days on non school days, mainly what helped was that I got sleep, I did stuff that made me happy, talked to friends and colored in coloring books!

A week before I was so unsure that I even wanted to finish because of ALL my setbacks which were a few:

1. I failed Kinesiology which I had to re-take
2. I wound up in the ER due to stress and I fainted (at a gym no less)
3. I reduced my full time schedule to a part time schedule after the first fall semester
4. I wasn't slotted to finish until April 2018 when I found out school was closing a year ago
5. I had to push back my internship not once but twice
6. I failed another class exam certification which I am currently re-taking
7. I took a semester off in winter 2016 (mainly because of the commute)
8. I was going for my associates but I will now just be getting my diploma which is still an accomplishment.  

I also gave up my normal Jazzercise/ Workout Routine which made me sad but I needed to focus on my schooling plus I am training two days a week so I need to time to focus on it. I have gained a bit of weight which once I finish I plan to get back into a full routine again. 

Anyways when I was told I would be able to graduate, a huge weight has been lifted! Even though everyone kept telling me that April 2018 wasn't so far away it felt like it to me!

So needless to say, I am very happy to be at this point of my life and the best part I have a dress ready to wear along with gold Converse!! Stay tuned for pictures!

Have a great weekend dolls!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts