Q is for Quality

We're almost done!! This is not another picture post sorry!

For P click here

Q is for Quality

I am still rather new to the pin up scene but one thing I have learned is the quality of pinup/vintage clothing. Basically it is quality of quantity.

A while back, a few people were suggesting a random dress company to me. I went on their page and saw all the negative reviews they were getting. I knew right then and there that despite being cheaper the dresses weren't great quality. A friend of mine ordered from them anyways and one of her dresses turned out to be not so great as she had hoped.

My first dress was from a site I wasn't familiar with either but I took the chance anyways and it did turn out okay and held up really well. Still it could have been a disaster. Here are some tips that are somewhat of repeat but still goes without saying:

1. Know your brand- Make sure you shop with a known company like Lindy Bop, Hell Bunny, Steady, Sourpuss and Pinup Girl Clothing etc. They have been around for years and you know you can depend on them to give good quality merchandise. Plus their customer service is top notch if something isn't right they will help take care of you to make it right.

2. Shop local- This is another no brainier. Like I have mentioned numerous times how I love Daisy Jones Locker because she carries a lot of the name brand pin up style clothing. That way I can see for myself the quality of the products first hand and also helps with sizing because it is so different with every company.  Same applies with vintage clothing, you'll be able to see first hand what the quality of the product is and be able to see for yourself what you are buying.

3. Do your homework- If you plan to buy online and it's not a known company of the ones mentioned above or it's from E Bay or Etsy check them out thoroughly. Read their reviews, ask questions if need be so you know what you are getting!

4. A lot of 3rd party companies carry pinup style clothing for example Rebel Circus and other sites carry each others brand like Sourpuss carries Steady and vice versa. Just be wary when ordering on Amazon or from E Bay like I said read reviews do some digging. While there is nothing wrong with ordering from those sites, I have ordered from both and only had trouble with sizing on Amazon but check out this post from The Militant Baker about sizing on Retro Dresses from Amazon. My sizes varies with different dress companies believe it or not.

5. If it's too good to be true it probably is. Like I said after reading the reviews about the said dress company I knew I was better off going with the brands I know. Yes it does mean paying more but trust me when I say this IT IS WORTH IT!!! Yes I had to colorize it to make it stand out :) I have gotten the most beautiful dresses EVER and I honestly didn't think that I would ever own. 

6. Sell and Swap! At first I was a bit selfish and I didn't want to sell ANY of my pretties but then I realized what good can come from it. The last swap and sell I did recently one of the gals that stopped in bought my white cherry dress and was so happy that she had found a dress that fit her. That made me feel so GOOD. The perks are besides making money or finding you unicorns it also making someone else feel good and also sometimes they benefit charity too (any leftover clothes Daisy Jones donates to a local charity in Omaha) Check out my post how to sell your pretties.  

That's it!! I hope this helps you a bit! Have a great week!!

XO,

Mags 


Comments

Popular Posts