30 for 30 work outfit challenge

For fun, I thought I would try a challenge that has been floating around the inter-webs called 30 for 30
You take 30 pieces and rotate them for 30 days. Here is an updated post on Scathingly Brilliant. For me, I thought I would do it as a work outfit challenge for 30 days because I tend to dress up more for work. Outside of work, I wear mostly pajamas and gym clothes (night shift and college life).

Actually picking out 30 pieces (including footwear) is harder than I thought! Not because I don't have the clothes BUT to limit myself for just those pieces! However I think I figured it out!! So starting Sunday night June 5th through July 5th that's 30 days (with the acceptation of July 4th because I want to have a fun outfit for that) I will have 30 work outfits for 30 days! There was a lot of alterations made! ;)

Here's my list since it's already Thursday (Eeek!) I'm running out of time to post photos with this so just trust me :) 

2 Skirts

1 regular basic black skirt
1 blue striped skirt

I had originally three but I went down to two because I had gotten a new kimono cover up that I wanted to throw into the mix.

5 Bottoms

1 pair of basic black Capris 
2 pair of black dress slacks (which I have like 5 pairs?)
1 Pair of dark blue jeans (I'm allowed to wear jeans on the weekends at work)
1 pair of grey flowly Capri/dress pants

I usually wear black slacks almost every night, but with summer here I decided to limit myself to pairs and wear more skits, and Carpi pants.

8 tops
2 striped boat neck tops
1 black tee
1 white tee
1 red tee
1 blue tee
1 pink tee
1 striped tee

Solid color tops are easy to wear with cardigans and easy to mix up but I added my striped tops as well just to give a bit of variety.

2 flowly kimono tops

2 dresses

My black and white polka dotted
My red, black and white striped dress (aka my Harley dress)

5 cardigans/long sleeved tops

1 white flowy top
1 black basic cardigan
1 sparrow (black)
1 cherry (black)
1 mermaid Kewpie (black)

4 shoes
1 black converse
1 red converse
1 anchor flats
1 black flats

2 pair of sandals
silver strappy flats
black sun jellies


What I decided will do is I will share a collage of each outfit I picked during the week and make a post on Sunday basically recapping each outfit that I planned.

Here we go! See you Sunday!

XO,

Margie Mae 




Comments

Popular Posts