Summer Decorating

Happy Memorial Day! I hope you're enjoying the holiday! I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I am enjoying the day off from work and school. I'm at mid-term already! I am so ready for a mini summer break!

I decided while on vacation to do some summer decorating. I have a collection of beach/Hawaiian stuff since my room/bathroom decorating days. I also have a few anchor items that I used for July 4th. But I wanted to actually summer decorate to brighten up my living room and have a head start for July 4th.

So I will start with my trunk/coffee table:



 About a year ago I down sized from my large coffee table to an old trunk that my parents had forever mainly because of Stark who bonked his head on it plus it took too much space! Anyways I took a vintage style bandanna in a Hawaiian print then added some fun accents (I couldn't find my Yankee candle beach center piece) Yes that's Stark photobombing.

Next, my rocking chair:


 I covered it with a blanket and add a pillow so I swapped the ones I had currently out (plus the blanket was full of cat hair) with my anchor pillow from Target, and my summery style blanket.

Then my little side table:


I found this cute wine bottle lamp at the grocery store (impulse buy), then with some shell and anchor accents.

The door to my patio:


 I added my mermaid hook (from my first Junkstock), and a simple shell lei.

Moving onto my cedar chest:


 I switched out the above picture (James Dean) to my anchor light from Target . I also have a collection of pillows so again I swapped out my black ones to vintage Hawaiian style pillows.

And below I added my flip flop stepping stones that I got at my old job many moons ago:



The little wall near there I added a cute beach sign:



Last but not least is my gallery wall:



It's hard to see everything but I thought it was easier to get one shot. I just alternated beach pieces here and there. Good thing I have plenty of pieces to do that with!

Last but not least I will share a close up of this one because it's my newest edition I got at the Target dollar spot:


It covers up the ugly old phone jack nicely :)

Do you decorate for summer? What are your go to pieces?

Have a great week!

XO,


Mae Carter



Comments

Popular Posts