Brooch abode

Not going to lie, I've become a brooch lover. I wasn't sure about it at first but thanks to Junebugs and Georgia Peaches blog, I've changed my mind :)

Actually my grandma Adams wore brooches. In fact every outfit she wore (dresses) she donned a brooch. I always remember that about her.  I have a couple of hers too maybe I should dust them off ;) I am a jewelry lover  having way too many pieces but I am like my mother and grandmothers on that note.

Back to the brooches. I needed a place for them to be displayed in their fun, kitschy glory! I had an idea in mind so I went to Hobby Lobby:



I got an embroidery hoop and a square pack of material. I went with polka dot (of course) but bright summer colors.

I selected green. Lay out the material and line up the hoops:



Then reattach the hoops:




Next you will cut the material around the hoop and then you have your holder:



Last but not least attach your brooches then hang for display:




Chevy Brooch: Deer arrow

Poison Ivy Brooch and  atomique pink brooch (also Harley Quinn not pictured): Pin Up Girl clothing 

Wonder Women silhouette, logo and sparrow brooch from InsomniacCreationss

Pet goldfish: Luxulite (review soon!) 

I realized two things:

1. All my brooches are in a circle

2. I should have went bigger with the hoop!

It will do for now but I still have a couple more companies to order from!!

XO,

Margie Mae





Comments

Popular Posts