Watermelon clutch

Hello! I am back from my vacation. Unfortunately I did not make it to Planet CC. Due some problems beyond my control, I wasn't able to go. But I did have an okay time staying home I was able to catch up on life (especially sleep!). So that's what matters!

I will be taking a break from Fashion Friday this week to squeeze in my Ipsy glam bag review before the month is over! Then I will go back to regularly scheduled posts.

While I was on vacation, I did a quick sit down project. I've been drooling over this Kate Spade Watermelon clutch but it is WAY out of my budget. But lucky for me I found this cute glittery knock off from Target in the little girls section!!



I really wasn't feeling the cross body straps, and I wanted more of clutch feel so I went to Wal-Mart and in the jewelry section I picked up a 20" chain:



 Next, I removed the strap to the purse which was not easy (the one time I can't find my sharp scissors!) Of course  someone had to claim the strap as a new toy:


So that leaves me with the bag itself:




I took my jewelry pliers and removed a piece off on each end to set up the chain to attach to the clutch:



 Basically the chain is doubled in loops so I just removed one from each end then attached it. Now it's the perfect summer bag!!



Watermelons is my favorite summer food!

Have a great week!

XO,

Margie Mae

Comments

Popular Posts