Weekend in photos

I know it seems a bit unsual for me to the weekend in photos on Monday but I decided to change it up a little bit. Enjoy!

Saturday before the snow came we went Durham Western Heritage Museum in Omaha to check the "With Malice Toward None" The Abe Lincoln exhibit.  Dad is a big Lincoln fan. I went because I like history (I appreciate it now more then I did when I was a kid I love art history of course). The exhibit was very awesome I can see why dad and others like him. I learned quite a bit about Lincoln that I never knew some of the cool items were:

The Bible he was sworn in on. Fun fact President Obama was sworn on the exact same one!

Mary Todd-Lincoln's necklace and bracelets from Tiffany and Company. 

Lincoln's silver ink well also from Tiffany

The contents of what was in his pocket the night he was assassinated which includes glasses, a pocket knife, money, and 9 news paper artilces (he like to save them). 

The autopsy report

Walt Whitman's original copy of O capatin my capatin.  Which was inspired by Lincoln

Just to name a few.  Durham is actually based of the old union station that used to be there. When you enter the museum it is like walking into a train station. The rest of the musuem is full of train cars (that you can sit in), and other fun items including an old fashion soda fountain! Here are a few shots:
This was in the display case at the soda foutain so funny!

My old fashion chocolate soda mmmmm!

Me in my Union soilder hat :)

I can't wait to return to the Durham in the Spring because there will be a photography exhibit. We're very lucky to have this of Omaha history. 

I leave with you my the 2011 Relay For Life logo we've been having meetings for a while I can't believe it's that time already!

Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts