Long live the King!

Most definitely LOVE the young Elvis!


Today would have been Elvis's 76th birthday.  And I had a layout that I was working on to share with you today but alas it's only 1/2 done, also I had another Elvis related project too and yes you guess it half done too. Sheesh. I blame that stupid hand frame I still don't know what the french toast I'm going to do with it.

But I knew I couldn't let the day go by without a post honoring the King.  For Christmas I bought mom Via Las Vegas! One of my favorite Elvis movies besides Blue Hawaii.  Anyways we're watching it and the chemistry between Anne Margaret and Elvis is electric, then Dad mentioned that they could of have been an offical couple if it weren't for Priscilla. 

Then I got to thinking what if?  What if he hadn't married Priscilla? (Not saying Priscilla was bad or anything) What if he had married Anne instead?  I kinda wondered out loud if they (Elvis and Anne) had married maybe he'd be alive still? I wonder that a 1,000 times over if he were still live now in 2011 what would he be doing? Probably still writing music and performing like Tom Jones every night in Vegas? And of course Lisa Marie wouldn't have existed if he had married Anne would they even have kids?

Or if he was alive would have married someone else after he divorced Priscilla?  He was with that one chick (her name escapes me) before he died.  What would he think of this day and age music? Would he collaborate with Lisa Marie on music? There are so many questions that go unanswered. Of course you got people saying he isn't dead that he's on some island somewhere that he faked his death. Right. They said the same thing about Princess Di too. 

But I totally get why my mom and others went nuts for Elvis.  I had my teeny bopper stage (I shudder now about it). 

I like to think Elvis is up there in Heaven with great musicians Frank Sinatra, George Harrison, Lennon, Dean Martin, Buddy Holly to name a few beating them at poker or whatever they might do. 

Happy Birthday Elvis where you are. 

Comments

Popular Posts