A day of junking

What is junking?  I was asked this by a friend on Facebook today when I made the post that I wanted to go junking with my dad.  Hmmm. I guess it depends who you are the meaning can be different. For me junking is finding something old the alter and make new. Some of us artist thrive on changing something. Recycling is in our blood, we sit look at something and say "Hey I bet I can make something out of that" It can be anything really. I mean just the other day I look at my gum container (you know the one that you can stick in the cup holder of your car) and thought it would be funny to make a pig out of it (when it's empty of course).

But also junking can be decorative in a sense too, vintage is in of course and you may find something for you homestead.  Plus it's fun! We have a local shop in town called the Junkton it's an indoor flea market a very awesome place to browse.  Here are some pics I snagged:

I nearly cried when I saw this. I've always wanted one
but it was a bit steep this time anyways
Another tears moment a Dale Jr. car!
Does anybody have Prince Albert in a can?



A hockey game! I remember playing with one of these as a kid



One thing about the Junkton they have
TONS of empty soda bottles. I love them heres
a some Mt. Dew bottles and one Pepsi bottle
in a Pepsi create I know how ironic?


The #3 crock, Dad says he had one like this growing
up to drink water out of. 
Guess what followed me home?  I had to have it!





Besides the Maggie Simpson Pez dispenser.  I got an old camera (It actually works) and some Girl Scout patches.  I'm going to start collecting cameras (more on that later) and the patches, I don't know they might be used for a project here and there, they looked fun.

I was looking for an old muffin pan to use in a project but I didn't find one I think a trip to Goodwill maybe in order. Dad had already gone there when I called (dang). 

I'll be back Monday with a project stay tunned!

Later days! 

Comments

Popular Posts