A squirt gun full of Purell

The weekend sure went fast! Especially when I worked it and now it’s another week. Saturday evening though they were wet we raked some of leaves for the pumpkin bags we had gotten. It was an interesting a set of four bags one large and 3 smaller ones that really didn’t hold much and we still have leaves. I need to get out there and photograph the pretty trees before it’s too late. Anyways we hung some green black light reflective spider webs, and we put up these cute scarecrows we got at Wal-Mart. However they no longer include spiders with the webs no more (what’s up with that?) but I had found in my paper crafts book (a craft Godsend btw) how to make spiders out of egg creates. Easy enough to do the projects calls for black pipe cleaners but stupid Wal-Mart doesn’t carry them (and yet they carry white, green, red and other colors)! I am hoping the dollar store does otherwise it might be an emergency trip to Omaha.

Sunday we had the party for the kiddos it went well. I had to make a run to get a last minute craft (the paper craft book saves the day again). The original plan was to have the kids paint pumpkins but it would of have been time consuming because I had a game planned and a snack. So I got orange paper bags 4 for a $1.00 at you know where, and the kids could make a pumpkin from the bag easy peasy just draw a face on the bag, stuff with paper, and add an green pipe cleaner to tie the bag shut. However some of my kiddos drew the face upside down on the bag (oops LOL). They played a big bag toss game we made for them and had a snack. The surprise was one of the older ladies at my church gave the kids mini pumpkins to take home (thank you again Helene!) in John’s words awesome :-D ( he’s one of my students). There were left over pumpkins to mine and Mary’s delight so we painted pumpkins later that evening. I will hopefully try to post some pictures of them later this week.

Monday was my sister’s Jenny’s 38th birthday. Dad and I went over to her place to celebrate it just a small simple get together with his girls :-) I wouldn’t of had it any other way. Also Shannon and myself went to work’s scrub sale they have. I’ve mentioned before that we can wear scrub tops, and jackets in our department just not the full ensemble. I usually wear them with dress slacks. I wear the pants too sometimes with a polo they look so close to slacks you’d never know the difference. I got myself a new jacket with Mickey Mouse ears all over them (super cute) a pair of charcoal grey pants (with cargo pockets a must!) and a Sponge Bob top. We later had breakfast at Village Inn that has become a regular place when we have our morning shopping trips or errands :-).

This week is to hopefully catch up on projects and it’s going to be a busy one. I have to put the pedal to the creativity medal (ha, ha, ha) to finish up everything I need to in time eek!

Last but not least are you wondering about my title? Yes? No? Maybe? Ok with all the flu nastiness going around, there has been a lot of crack down at hospitals and stuff. I noticed in the elevator at work (I was replacing a phone on 4th floor) it said if you have flu like symptoms don’t visit patients (duh) I didn’t read all of it but there have been emails out and even a screen saver stating the importance of hand washing (I think a certain cousin who works in IT has something to do with that maybe?). I saw on the news a few nights ago where they were saying that doctors don’t wash there hands as they should be (scary thought huh?) well so anyways this one hospital had a screen saver where it was a Petri dish of a germy hand print *yuck* then it showed hands washing at a sink. So maybe our screen saver isn’t so bad. I remember at the hospital health tracks many moons ago they used to let you grow your own bacteria like that.
But this whole thing makes you want to carry a squirt gun full of Purell doesn’t it? Maybe it’s me I am trying so hard not to catch anything but I am starting to get a cough *aack* hope it’s not a cold or anything! I don’t think I could handle that right now.

So yeah I thought I wouldn't be able to get any more posts in by Halloween looks like I proved myself wrong *shrugs shoulders* Hope everyone stays healthy!

Comments

Popular Posts