Whew!

What a weekend! That about sums it up. Friday to start was a ho hum day I stayed up and watched a couple of Sex and the City episodes (I got the essentials collection which is broken up in categories Lust, Romance, Breakups, Mr. Big, and Fashion) then napped. I vacuumed out Shorty. Later I made a trip into Precious Treasures the awesome scrap-booking store I told y’all about? I had thought about going into Omaha but then I remembered why? When Amy’s store is just the ticket! If I haven’t told you already I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy’s store!! (I like it better then the other one we have in town more variety) Anyways I bought some Halloween paper for the cards I hopefully plan to do soon and then I got some paper for my sugar skulls.

I had originally wrote down a list of paper I wanted but I decided to step out side the box a little bit and got some of the paper on my list then I got some that weren’t. I found this cool tie-dye like paper that I thought would definitely be cool for my skulls. I have only one large skull and the rest are little ones I should after finishing these have some large scrapes to make a few more larger ones. I had found some pink ribbon paper, and this cool texture paper that you do whatever to so that will be fun to play with. I almost bought a ribbon punch to make pink or any color ribbons with but I held off I might later. There are some up coming classes at PT next month that I want to do as well so excited! Stay tuned for postings on those as well!

Friday night Mary, Erin, and myself went to the Husker Hockey game. It would be the season home game opener since last month they had away games anyways they won 14-3! It was an awesome game!! I am not sure about Saturday’s game yet. I will have to check and see (crossing fingers) I happen to of worn my lucky braids that night but… Guess the luck ran out for Saturday’s football game one word OUCH. :-/

It just wasn’t a good day for us maybe we got a little cocky over our win against Mizzou? It was hard to watch at half time I ended up getting something to craft because it was hard to focus. I didn’t watch the post-game interview guess from what I hear on FB it was funny and interesting. Then I got a call from work I needed to come in. Needless to say my weekend was cut short but duty calls we all have each other’s back. Looks like I will get Wednesday off which is fine with me since that’s staff meeting day anyways and I have to get up early for my flu shot.

Oh my project that I started at half time you ask? Okay maybe not but I’m going to tell you anyways ha :-p. I may have told y’all that I have a book called Generation T: 108 ways to transform a t-shirt the writer of the book has since then put out another book which has 120 more ways to transform a t-shirt. One of the projects in the 1st book is a scarf. I have quite a few Husker shirts that don’t fit anymore so two of them will become a Husker scarf. I forgot how cold it gets at the ice arena, plus winter is somewhat already here it will save me money from buying one this year plus it’ll be one of a kind! I will post some pictures of the scarf when it’s complete. I have a ton of t-shirts to make a quilt too (another project from the book) I should try to start assembling it because my one comforter has seen better days yeah. And I am still at odds with the sewing machine.

Last but not least I did take some photos of the pink magnetic car ribbon I tried a few angles, with zoom and without I have to look them over and decide which one that I will use but all in good time. The pink ribbon project is going to take awhile and it won’t get done by the end of the month which I am okay with I try not to set too many deadlines for myself project wise I have a lot going on right now but all in good time and besides I can’t break the habit of jumping to one project to another! :-D

Next week is supposed to be nice so I have to go out and enjoy it!

Later days!!!

Comments

Popular Posts