Recap

My two nights or days off whatever you want to say seem to have come and went as always. I buried myself pretty deep into projects that I was beyond content :-). Let’s see I finished the scarf (yay!) Wednesday after my staff meeting at work, I had completed sewing that morning (despite the fact that I had sewn one of the pieces upside down LOL) I was told at work that if I have the patience to sew all that I should be able to learn how to knit or something *shrugs shoulders* I will try to have pictures up soon. I also made a no sew bo-ho wrap skirt out of one my old Kenny Chesney shirts that turned out kind of cute for just cutting.

I am working on owls for the Sunday school kiddos party Sunday. I got them cut out of paper for nametags and felt for a game. Since it’s my weekend to work *groans* I work on finishing them in my down time. I did make a couple more ribbons out of pink cardboard from a Pepsi 24 pack box. HOPE was written on side in pink on the box I kept the HOPE too I plan to use the HOPE too in a relay page I may have to alter it since the Pepsi logo is in the center of the letter “O” (you know copy right stuff). I realized it has been years since I’ve had an exact-o knife and I need one because I couldn’t cut out the center of the ribbon the cardboard was too thick. I saw a pink one at Wal-Mart that caught my eye *winks* ;-) so I will have to get that. Possibly by next Friday I can finally get my illustration board get it to size then be able to get more of that project done.

I also got a start on Halloween cards for the girls in my department I made 9 paper pumpkins Friday morning. I had the papers from PT I had gotten pumpkin, cat, and witch pattern paper then I turned it over it had some funky print on the other side too and oddly enough that’s what I used to make the pumpkins with. It was less busy then the other print. My original card idea from creating keepsakes magazine had to be scrapped (ha ha made a funny!) because the project called for pre made blank card but Wal-Mart wanted 7 bucks for the cards (rolls eyes) there wasn’t no flipping way I was paying that much for cards! Note to self: check PT and Michaels for blank cards.

So in Better Home and Gardens Halloween special that I picked up for inspiration (that’s where I got the owl party idea from) had a solution. In the owl party section it showed where you could make little signs on dowels to stick in you snack containers that you put the table (example popcorn) and one of them happen to be a pumpkin. I took the idea and rolled with it. I plan to use the same style minus the dowels of course then write my greeting in gel pen on the back. Pretty slick huh? I was so happy to have found never used orange paper in my big scarp drawer *happy dance!*. I simply love how the pumpkins turned out and again I will post pictures of them soon too! Last but not least I made a simple birthday card for my sister Jenny (her birthday is Monday).

I had my first Relay committee meeting Wednesday night. Last year’s Relay totals were in at last! We raised $117,345.58 and had 59 teams! I want to thank anyone who donated to the Relay in general for my team or the others it is AMAZING! I am warning you now that I will be posting a bit on Relay. This cause has become so important to me for oblivious reasons dads for one and I now know others who have been affected by cancer it’s like a 6-degree thing if you think about it.

I do not as of yet know which committee I will be on I chose Team recruitment, entertainment, or activities. I think I’d be good at any of three, however I actually want to be on the team recruitment *crosses fingers and toes* my goal of course to get St. Timothy (my church) to have a team. It might be better to combine dad’s team with the church = a bigger team. I had such a heck of a time getting anyone to be on our team. I am really striving next year. You have been warned! Hee hee hee ;-)

Okay better wrap things up here. I am hoping I can post again before Halloween (a week away!) but if not have a spooky ooky one!

Comments

Popular Posts