News and a discovery

Finally! I get to have a few days off and boy do I need them! I have some major catching up to do project wise. Sunday I've planned to have a Halloween party for the kiddos (an owl themed party) and I haven't done any of the stuff I planned for that so I need to get cracking.

I have been working on my scarf during down time at work and it is near complete! All is now left is putting tassles on the ends. For like my 3rd real sewing project it's not half bad (I've sewn two purses). I'm trying to actaully complete a project without jumping head first into another which is a challenge in itself LOL. But typically me *shurgs shoulders* I worked on an enternal back burner project known as the t-shirt quilt mentioned in last post. But don't go jumping and down for me yet I've only assembled 3 squares I did them Monday night during DWTS and before Monday night RAW. I am crazy but I will assemble the squares by hand then when I put the rows together I will dust off and make amends with the sewing machine.

I am happy to report the sugar skulls are near completion!*happy dance* I love the paper I chose for the eyes and noses of the skulls. Now all I need is possibly a few more larger ones then putting the craft sticks on them. I found a webiste/blog of the Crafty Chica, I've been on her site before and ♥ her! She does A LOT of Day of the dead or Dia de los Muertos projects. I saw there was a contest where you could make a shadow box or shine but the deadline is the 28th *groans* don't tink I have the time to crank something out and get it mailed by then oh well maybe next year! Here is her site check it out! http://www.craftychica.com/

Moving on I made a discovery (sorta). Mary and I had gone to Sonic yesterday after going to Ace Hardware (more on that in a bit) we had heard that they have chicken strip baskets for cheap (better than DQ) so we went there to get supper. My friend Vicki who is a very crafty lady (I've said that before ;-)) and all around awesome, love her blog btw too. Well in a few of her postings she has mentioned the yumminess of a Diet Cherry Lime Aide from Sonic it's one of her favs (besides diet Mt. Dew right Vicki?) Well I decided I wanted to try one (not diet sorry Vicki) usually my drink of choice at Sonic is a cherry Coke (with extra cherries please!) dad got me addicted to them but I an willing to try something different so I ordered a Cherry Lime Aide. Let me tell you yummy!! I just might have a new favorite drink at Sonic! When the person brought out our food to us I noticed how cool the bags were they had lime wedges all over them. So as a habit I kept the bag I am thinking of a scarp page involving yup, you guessed it Sonic! :-D

Okay so the trip to Ace Hardware. It's not everyday I go to Ace (well to get camouflage duck tape but other than that...) but Mary has been on a mission to find pumpkin leaf bags with no luck. I happen to notice the Ace ad while going through the stuff for recycling (we got one of those curb side rewards bins) I saw the bags and happily texted Mary with the news plus it was coupon for them for .99 cents a bargin! We got there and lucky for us there were two packs left whew! So soon if the weather plays nice we got some major leaf raking upon us!

Last but not least for now (even thought there is so much more to say!) I had gotten a call from one of the Realy of Life committee members Diane Wilson she has asked to be a part of a committee for next years Relay and I've accepted! If I haven't said already the Relay has become so important to me and I am more than happy to be involved yes even though this years realy was very stressful indeed (it was my first one with a team I'm sure that's expected) I still want to be a part of it, and I have some awesome ideas cooked up for fundraising so I can't wait to share them!


Well I best bugger off I have a staff meeting this afternoon and I need another Cherry Lime Aide from Sonic a route 44 is sounding delish right about now!

Cheers and much love

Comments

Popular Posts