Last Minute



Time to run around like a chicken with its head cut off! Dad told me that mom wants to be a clown for Halloween they have a trick or treat at Nye on Halloween. Last night we went on a mission to find something for her. She loves clowns (sorry Tori) so that works. We went to Goodwill because that is the best place to find whatever you’re looking for. With a clown first word that comes to mind is TACKY and of course tackier the better. I found a really flowery shirt for mom to wear. I went to show dad who act the other racks (I looked in plus size second word that comes to mind with a clown BAGGY) and there was the blazer jacket that was beyond tacky like tacky took on a new form (wonder if there is a word for beyond on tacky??) it would have been perfect if it wasn’t too small mom would of barely fit into it. We didn’t find anything else I wanted to get her a floppy hat of some kind but I did find a book on Frida Kahlo (only a $1.99) she is a famous Mexican artist. She married Diego Rivera.

I did a report on Diego Rivera for Spanish class when I was a freshman he was a famous artist too known for his frescos. Frida was known for her self portraits (if you have seen any of her paintings she has a uni-brow) she had very tragic accident that left unable to have children and it’s expressed deeply in her work. Should be a good read I always like reading art history.

So back to the clown costume (sorry to get you sidetracked), I knew the Dollar Tree had some clown stuff we get there and it’s almost wall-to-wall CHRISTMAS ugh!! I really dislike that Christmas gets so pushed and Thanksgiving is overshot. Just puts you in a funk. The only thing I found that would work for mom was this silly jumbo tie that will clash (in a good way) with her top. But I did find black pipe cleaners *happy dance*. That left *ugh* Wal-Mart, we get there and NOTHING except a stupid rainbow wig which mom is just not going to go for (and I really couldn’t see her in either) the me hating Wal-Mart meter took another climb. We were defeated. I told dad that I would try more on Friday looks like I will be going to Omaha after all. Target has a sale that’s calling me name :-) so I will hit the Goodwill nearby too. I am steering clear of Nobbies it will be a nightmare! Oh but I did find later with Mary a clowns nose in a paint set at Wal-Greens one less part then.

Tomorrow is going to be a whirlwind day I just know it with so much to do before Saturday. I should of worked on my pumpkins the last two days but I am fighting a cough (it hasn’t progressed into anything else yet) still so I have been extra tired I have asthma too that means I have been resting a lot more than usual. I just don’t want whatever it is to kick my butt so I am trying to take extra precaution (and carry a squirt gun full of Purell LOL).

I hope I get a chance again to post tomorrow heres hoping!

Comments

Popular Posts