In neutral

Have you ever felt in life where you were stuck in one gear and weren’t going anywhere? I am feeling that right about now. Lately it seems I make some headway with something then all of a sudden I am pulled backwards and stuck. One of the things is I have been wanting to go back to school sometime in the near future. Work has a program with Metro and I have been trying to contact people at work and Metro about it but haven’t gotten response it’s frustrating! Everyone has told me to be patient well it’s hard to be when you seem to be at dead ends *sigh*. There is more too but I’m not going to bring anyone down let’s talk about something happy yes?








Project Pink was a great time! It was fun to be able to hang out with all my co-workers outside of the office. Some of our doctors spoke about breast cancer and woman’s health (it was nice to put a face to the voice I hear all the time :-)). The emcee Mrs. Nebraska Jennifer Hart was amazing I like that she said breast cancer is a disease that doesn’t discriminate. When she worked in radiology she came across a patient at the age of 27 being diagnosed. With something like that to make you more of aware even though I am too young to get a mammogram, it’s still important for me to take care of myself.

Speaking of pink I worked on the pink ribbons the other night. I needed to take inventory on the ribbons that I have done and what media I already used. This project has become fun and I am always coming up with more ideas for media or ways to make a pink ribbon for example I used the paper punch circles to make one using my pink paper scraps. It was fun to punch the holes but not so much fun to glue them buggers down :-P. But the end result was so neat! I can’t wait to get my surface then really start working majority of the ribbons I am doing before hand but some will have to be on the surface like paint.

Pumpkin cards are done too *happy dance* along with the sugar skulls. Pictures up soon! All I have left is to finish my pumpkins, figure out the lanterns, and make spiders.

Oh I plan on celebrating Day of the dead this year. Actually at church we celebrate it as “All Saints day”. To remember those who have gone before us, usually it’s to remember the members we lost this year but of course with Day of the dead you remember all you passed relatives. I have a skull cupcake pan and I was planning on making sugar skull cupcakes for Halloween. We are going to be creative with our food this year. We plan to make mummies (pigs in a blanket) I think we talked about making fingers from something. I definitely want to make eyeballs and some kind of Halloween cocktail or drink. Shannon told me about a rotten pumpkin. Hmmm. I will let you know what I come up with!
Thanks for reading as always later days!!

Comments

Popular Posts