As promised

Okay better late then never it’s been a long day for me plus an even longer weekend since I work it grrr.

So like any die-hard Husker Fan I watched the game Thursday with hopes of victory over Mizzou. This is the game that would make or break us. I donned my usual Husker gear t-shirt with long sleeves (since it’s getting rather nippy out), my Husker earrings, and my bracelet. I had put my hair up in a red bandanna. I made some cinnamon rolls (the cheat kind) and was ready to kick back, watch the game with Mary and Tillie.

Well let’s the 1st half of the game was rather bad? Rain kind of was the enemy being cold, wet, and trying to hang onto a slippery football I’m sure is no walk in the park but I kept cringing and of course screaming at the TV when Mizzou got the touch down before halftime that was under review. My early prediction was we’d win but it would be a close one by the skins of our teeth close but we hadn’t even scored yet! Halftime came I got up to use the restroom and I was tired of my bandanna slipping off (I blame washing my hair the day before) so I thought hey why I don’t I braid my hair then wear my Husker ball cap? So that’s what I did. I had said to Tillie during halftime this was now or never that they had to step it up. However after the third quarter, I was almost ready to give up but I had to know win or lose what happens! I went upstairs to fold laundry and I put them game on the next thing I know TOUCHDOWN! I was jumping up and down. I thought well at least we got some points on the board it wouldn’t be too awful. The next thing you another touchdown we were ahead by one! It was VT de ja vu in our favor! Then another touchdown made and we were ahead! 10 minutes were left in the game however and there are times I wish the came could just be suddenly over because you never know what could happen but we managed to hold them off and WIN!

That brings me back to my hair being braids. I thought about it later that night that every game except one have I braided my hair and Nebraska won. Guess which game I didn’t? Yup the VT game. I know it’s silly to think that my braided hair had something to do with their win but it got me thinking about lucky charms and stuff like that. My cousin Steve has a “lucky gnome” which I have no idea the story behind it (hint hint Steve!) but hey this is the same guy who has lucky pair of shoes he wears to the VB games. Nebraska players have a horseshoe that is above the door of the tunnel walk and the all tap it before going onto the field. In fact they take it with them while traveling. I’ve also have heard of a big rock in the area that’s lucky too apparently?

There are tons of stories about lucky items, from socks to even pencil. I have had a few in my time, for a while I carried the toy car of Cole Trickle (Tom Cruise) from the movie Days of Thunder. Now its Hoops and Yoyo’s little blue friend Piddles he had came with the plush set of the guys when I got them at Hallmark. I had Piddles at my desk at OTC and I used to tug on his little ears when I had a rough call (I’m still surprised he has them ha) but after leaving there and going to different interviews I used to give a tug for luck. He now always in my purse tucked away in the little pockets. Luck no matter what shape or form it comes in is good so if braiding my hair during the Husker games are a good omen then why not? Hey hockey season is right around the corner too! If anyone has a lucky charm or something they do just cause post your comment on here!

Before I wrap I had a good Friday, I needed a break from all the drama and chaos that has been going on lately I went to Omaha to meet Becki for breakfast at IHOP and this may come as a shock to y’all I have never ate at an IHOP before ever. Usually when we come up to Omaha out of habit we stop at Long John Silvers (I’m sure everyone in Fremont does!) I had the NFC blueberry stuffed French toast in the shape of a football it was so cute I almost didn’t want to eat it! I did snap a quick photo with my phone and I’ll post it later. I was happy I got to see Bailey and Brittney before they went to school and to present their duck tape purses to them and they loved them!. I am itching to do another photo shoot with them I’d like them to come down to Fremont this time hopefully weather permitting.

I stopped at Nobbies I absolutely LOVE that store (even though I longer get my 10% OTC discount :-p)! After walking around about a million times I settled on a costume. I am going to be a genie/fortune teller. It wasn’t my original choice but I kept admiring the wrap with coins that jingle and thought it might be fun because I have all these bangle bracelets and jewelry it’d be so fun! I got a genie lamp, some jewels for my hands, when I got home I jetted to Goodwill found a scarf for my hair, a bolt of blue silk material which I may use for a shoulder wrap or a table cloth for my table and I found a sheer light blue cute top to wear. I have my black dress pants that’ll work, a blue tank top to go under the sheer top and I have silver flip flops from this summer that can be bead dazzled. I have yet to find a crystal ball but I might improvise I know I read somewhere that you can use actual playing cards to tell your fortune you can with dice or dominoes too!

I remember as kid mom dressed me up as a gypsy one year but I think it was the year that snowed real bad and I ended up in my snowsuit instead. We usually do a small party with a few of our friends I may find a henna tattoo kit and decorate the girls’ hands!

I am so EXCITED now for Halloween I have to get a pumpkin yet which I am going to get next week I am wanting a white pumpkin this year I saw such a cute idea in a magazine that I must try! I will be posting a craft that I did last year hopefully Monday stay tuned!


Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts