Still a Husker fan

All right I am giving my side on this take what you want from it you can argue with me or say “Whatever you say Maggie, you’ve completely lost it” I don’t care. We all have our opinions on the game and this is mine.

For starters I know it wasn’t a very good game. We had 8 turnovers and basically gave the win to them I get that. But I am trying to look at the positive end of things. The score was 9-7 we only lost by TWO POINTS. Come on people look at the BIG picture (or maybe BIG RED picture) look at last weeks game that was a complete disappointment and so was this game however it could have been worse think about it.

My FB status said basically that and the comments I got reflection the aggression we as fans feel. But just because the last two games were well down right terrible, should we be giving up our red and white for I don’t know Maroon and white of Okalahoma? The answer is no. This is only the 2nd year with Pelini as coach look at the season last year it had its ups and downs but we managed to come on top.

Look back at when Callahan was coach *shudder* in a word YUCK. A Californian was brought in and introduced “The West Coast Offense” to a bunch of Midwesterners who had never heard of the term look how bad we were then and what happen? Fired. Were you still a Husker fan then? I was even though I thought Callahan was a nut job that had no business running our team like they were surfer dudes. Look further back at Solich (rolls eyes) awful and what happen to him? Same as Callahan fired. And was I still Husker fan then? Yes.

Now some are saying a lot of different things that Pelini is an @$$ and should be fired too I totally disagree. Look back even further when Osborne started dad told me not a lot of people like him at first either (hard to believe now isn’t it?) and look what happen. In my opinion Pelini is a hard and may come off as a jerk but look at this way. We have been spoiled in way before he was brought to the program. He is like a strict farther doing things that probably no one would ever even think of doing. Not giving the black shirts out until they earned them for one is the smartest moves he’s made. It is a privilege; honor to be a black shirt and it should be earned. I recall growing up that I had to earn whatever I wanted and it felt all the better after working for it then just automatically getting it. And yeah he acts like a jerk but can you blame him? He’s disappointment in his team as we are. So he’s going to be hard on them until they pull their heads out of their @$$es, figure it out, and learn from their mistakes.

As Huskers fans we have to stand by them too. It has been said we are the best fans out there and it’s 100% true. Just because we have a few lousy games doesn’t mean we turn our backs on them. I am a huge Dale Jr. fan and he hasn’t been having the perfect racing season 6 DNFS (did not finish for anyone who doesn’t know) and he did not qualify for the chase either. But does that mean I am going to burn my 88 gear and starting liking dare I say it Kyle Bush*gags*? No. Junior’s situation is almost like Nebraska’s. He quit the team that made him who he was his own father’s team because of BS and is in 2nd year with Hendrick and entirely different team (pit crew) and head coach (crew chief). I love how NASCAR is a lot like football in a sense and it’s not just another redneck sport it’s very competitive.

Okay back to the Huskers. Osborne is no fool he knew what he was doing when he hired Pelini. He knew we needed someone who was going to whip this team into shape and bring us back to what we were “restoring the order” as it was quoted. It’s not going to happen overnight or in two years heck it might take 5 years maybe even 10 who knows? And yeah we are going to have some really downright horrible games like this one. But as fans we have to be there through thick and thin we are the greatest fans ever it’s time we prove it.

I am a Husker fan until the end of time through the best of times and the worst of times. I bleed red and white I will continue to braid my hair and support the team I grew up with and love so much. GO BIG RED!

Okay I am stepping off my soapbox now. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts