Catching up

Hello!



Photo by me from Calvary Catholic Cemetery Lincoln, NE

Sorry for the absence this week. My Godfather Sam passed away on Tuesday. He was diagnosed with cancer barely a month ago and it really taken hold on him before we knew it, his treatment was stopped, he was placed on Hospice, and was gone. It's been hard to comprehend cancer sadly is hereditary on my dad's side.

My grandmother had breast cancer but beat it, then my aunt (dad's only sister) had breast cancer too she passed a year ago, dad had bladder cancer but has been cancer free 11 years then my Godfather.

The sad thing is, since Sam and my aunt lived in Colorado visits we're not often. The last time I saw him was in 2014, and I have regrets not being able to see him last year because I was in school at the time. What's really sad my aunt also has cancer but was in remission just recently, and their 30th anniversary was next month.

So we're set to leave for Colorado early Monday morning. I haven't been in 5 years, my dad it's been 30, and my brother has never been.  It will be a rather quick trip.

In other news, I am hoping to go up to Pop Culture Exchange to see their Halloween release today, and in one week is the Daisy Jones Contest.

I will be doing some post dated entries next week. I will be sharing the latest Erst Wilder release and possibly how I store my collection.


Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent


Comments

Popular Posts