Upcycle Bobby Pin Holder

Wow! It's hard to believe it is August 1st!! School is going to start soon and it feels weird for me not to be going to school anymore, it was my life for 2 years and honestly I don't miss it!

I haven't felt really crafty lately but I've wanted to do this project for a while so I jumped on it.  I have been searching for the perfect Bobby Pin holder but have come up empty handed so I decided why just make one? The best part: It's up cycled!!

Materials:



Empty Tic Tac Container  (label removed)

Washi tape you choice of colors

Scissors

I am a Tic Tac junkie, so I decided to save a container to put my Bobby Pins in it. Currently I have them loose in a ceramic jar with my hair ties and or a small metal pail which has been of my storage items in the bathroom. But, if I go to contests etc, I need to have Bobby pins on hand it's better to have them in an container to travel with so that's where the Tic Tac container came in.

I usually get a 4 pack of Tic Tacs but I picked up a Pina Colada flavor pack recently (yum!) so the label came off when I unwrapped it. Which means I didn't have to remove the label but if you're not that lucky soak the container in hot water along with Goo Gone. This also cleans out the scent of the mints in the container.

After you let the container dry, you can start decorating with Washi Tape.

Now, I got my Washi Tape at Wal-Mart which the variety was slim to none in both the scrap booking and craft section. I know stores like Michaels have variety of tape. However, I went with pink polka dot and black tape.

Totally optional you can trim down your tape strips, but I stink at cutting (true story) so I just went with the wider strips which basically meant only about 2 strips per color totaling 4 which is fine.

Of course is the obvious step is to wrap the strips around the container however you like. The bugger was to get the tape to fit around the bottom but I got to work!

The finished product:


So there you have it! A cute, handy bobby pin holder!

Have a great day!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts