Marilyn Monroe 56 Years Later





Sunday, was the anniversary of the passing of Marilyn Monroe 56 years ago her life tragically ended at the young age of 36. There is a lot of conspiracy that surrounds her death which I will share more towards the end of the post. First I will share how Marilyn inspired my life.

My love for Marilyn started before I got into pinup, I started reading a book about her life then I got really fascinated  with her life. One of my favorite movies of hers is Some Like it Hot.

The main reason I adore Marilyn is the fact she was not a dumb blonde, she was an early feminist, she was curvy (despite a lot of rumors saying she wasn't), truly intelligent, and talented beyond words.

Though later on in life, she did have struggles with mental health it did effect her career wise. She did had a bit of a rough start to life, etc. (Mental health did run in her family as her mother did have it) And married for the first time very young. I honestly think Joe DiMaggio truly loved her the most though even after they separated and after she passed he was the one that made sure her grave have flowers all the time.

The events of her death seem just as tragic. She would be found by her housekeeper face down in her bed clutching the phone receiver and empty bottle of Nembutal pills. It was an apparent suicide although there have been theories for years that she was murdered. Here is the article you can read here 

Also Sweet Emelyne  did a recent You Tube Video as well:


After the anniversary of her passing there was an article that Joe DiMaggio was convinced The Kennedy's snuffed her out? You can read that article here 

I like a good conspiracy theory like the next person, but Marilyn did have her struggles too and was very depressed towards the end of her life. She just wanted somebody to love her which I can understand wholeheartedly. We may never know what truly happened.

She is still iconic to this day, I love an admire her so much she's part of the reason I got into pinup.

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent  

Comments

Popular Posts