Ice Cream Trail: Zesto's



A fellow blogger I follow The Penny Darling, recently posted about an Ice Cream Trail in her area basically they are Mom and Pop ice cream shops that are pure nostalgic. As I read her post, I wondered if Nebraska had such a list and there is!!!

Imagine my excitement when I found this out and that I had already been to two of them!! But of course I didn't blog about it, so I am starting over from scratch! I decided to make a separate post for each stop just because since two are out of town the rest are in Omaha and my schedule is crazy as it is so I am not sure when or how often I will get a chance to stop at all of them but my goal is by October!

Enough rambling let's get to it!

Zesto's Lincoln, Nebraska

I'm a sucker for old vintage signs


Okay. There is more than one Zesto's in Nebraska. We have one in Fremont of course that is open seasonal, one I believe in Wahoo (I haven't checked lately), an indoor one in Elkhorn and I think Omaha might still have one? There used to be one by the zoo/Rosenblatt (the old ball field). Anyways the one in Lincoln is featured in the article and I decided to stop for lunch Friday before I visited my friend Mandy and her kiddos.

And I totally did a blog fail the pictures I took didn't save for some reason also the one from my car was really blurry. However as luck would have it after Mandy and I had supper she wanted to stop for dessert so I got my photos!


Luke's monkey George made an appearance!  



I was really disappointed that this Zesto's didn't carry french fries they had chips instead when I ordered my cheeseburger so I just got the burger and my usual twist cone. I know I should branch out a bit more on the ice cream but I know what I like and I am twist cone girl. But I promise to branch out a bit more on the rest of the trail!

Have a great week!! 

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts