Sunday Thoughts: A pinup contest as a spectator

It's been a hot minute since I've done a Sunday Thoughts, originally I thought it would be "an every Sunday" thing but I think it's good do them once a month or so on the old blog to keep things interesting.

Thursday was Miss Des Monies Vintage Bike Night pinup contest. Since I started doing contests last year, this is actually my first pinup contest where I am not a contestant. I was a spectator. I have 2 under my belt so far which is Daisy Jones Locker Summer Spectacular 2017 (2018 is in August!!) and of course Miss World of Wheels back in March. I had entered this contest on sheer luck that I could get in.

Let me just say I have to thank everyone who is involved in the process of selecting the contestants. I am sure the process has to be hard AF to pick out only 5 contestants (along with 3 runners up) out of I'm sure a ton of beautiful babes and who are just as amazing too!

What I have learned so far is that each pinup contest set up is different. Both with Miss World of Wheels, and Miss Des Monies VBN, you had to submit an e-mail, talking about yourself, etc and send along 3 professional pinup photos (hence why shoots are so important!) then you wait the long grueling process to see if you got in. With Daisy Jones, you show up the day of the sign up, pay a fee ($15) and you're in. Also Scene of the Crash (which is in 2 weeks!!) You pay $10 and you're in. Again some other contests require a lot more. For an example I believe with the Miss Pinup Newzeland you have to submit a video kind of a self promotion piece, answer more questions, submit more photos and then day of the contest you are required more than just one outfit. They do day wear, swim suit, evening and a talent portion. Check out Mrs Greatnews post about it!  Also I believe that these are some of the requirements for at Nashville Boogie too.

Needless to say, I have been lucky as far as competing goes without a lot of leg work on my end. Mostly just the fun of planning and putting together outfits for the contests!

Back to the story.

So I was really excited to have gotten the e-mail saying I was in! It was hard to keep under wraps but the very next day when the Facebook post was official, I realized that I wasn't in. I was confused, I found out right away that I was a runner-up with 2 other ladies. The email said in any no way shape or form was I a runner up. Basically it said I was in. Needless to say I was disappointed! I really wanted to be in the top 5. Now I had to rely on my friends on Social Media to get the most likes on my picture to be land a spot in the top 7. To get likes was a struggle, I hate asking people for favors, pretty much I had to beg for likes. I had to admit that I am also grateful to all my pinup sisters all rallied together for me but it wasn't enough and I didn't make into the top 7.

I was really sad about losing if I am being perfectly honest.  I really wanted to get in because I think I am pretty great. After that I pretty much had washed my hands of the contest and decided not to go. But that's not being a good sport.

One of my 35 life lessons from April is "Be a gracious loser" And after some thought (along with some arm twisting), that I should go to support my other 2 fellow pinup sisters,and not let this get me down as I mentioned before there are more contests around the corner!

The lovely ladies! Sara (Rickey Raven) and Amber (Ruby Von Sparkle) are on the end!


As luck would have it, the day of the contest was supposed to be really rainy however we lucked out however the weather was really hot! When my friend Sara and I got there a lot of people thought we were contestants too and I also discovered that one of the contestants didn't even bother to show up which was REALLY disappointing from someone who was  runner-up in the contest and could have gotten a chance to compete. But none the less I had a great time, I got to support two local babes who one of them came home with the title of Miss Des Monies Vintage Bike Night!


Sara won the title! I was so proud of her!!!

As they say onto the next contest! Stay tuned for the fun!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent




Comments

Popular Posts