Pinup Contest Part 2: How to prepare

Normally I would link up part 1 on here but I am off Saturday/Sunday but the posts will be right after one another so there won't be no need to link up :)

Wednesday, I will be recapping The Scene of the Crash pinup contest!

Onto Part 2 of this post!

Me at Miss World of Wheels


Now you know what to expect during pinup contests this is the fun part! How to prepare for pinup contests!

Plan your outfit and accessories! This is my favorite part! I like to try and stand out when it comes to the contests; wear something fun and different. Once I know the date of the contest and after entering, this is when I start to plan/order my outfit. You can also use dresses in your closet too which is what I did for The Scene of the Crash contest. I did buy a few new accessions for that outfit which I will be sharing on Wednesday!

For Daisy Jones, my outfit is complete! I had been working rather early on everything mainly because the original dress I wanted sold out in my size so I had to look for other options. I still have one more thing to purchase that I'm using for part of the contest too.

Tip: Bring flats to the contest to wear after you hit the stage! 

Keep it classy: One important detail of doing contests! Don't wear a costume from Legs Avenue wear something that represents you and your personally. But make sure it's appropriate  most contests are family friendly so keep that in mind!

Also most contests will let you know about dress code. Scene of the crash allows swimwear too!

Do I need to get my hair/make-up done professionally? With Daisy Jones last year, I did get my make-up done professionally which was fine but my appointment was in the late morning (the contest wasn't until 6pm) so I had to go the rest of the day not to mess up my make-up which was a challenge and I ended up having to re-do my makeup before the contest which sucked. It was an additional cost that I didn't felt was necessary.

After that, I started to doing my own make-up for contests since I know my face (obviously) what I like, what works, and also as you know I hate people going towards my eyes!

But if you're not savvy with make-up application some salons offer make-up services too :)

Get plenty of rest and relax before the contest! I also like to get pampered before the contest face mask, getting my eye brows done, etc. 

As for hair I was still learning how to do wet sets so I did my own hair and have been since for each contest and it works for me again I like to save money when I can since I put so much into the contest in general with outfits, etc.

Be stage ready: Most contests won't have a place for you to "get ready" luckily Daisy Jones does and at Miss World of Wheels we had time to use the restroom. So you have to be stage ready and they won't have places to store your purse either (this is why dresses with pockets are handy!) so make sure you have someone willing to hold your bag during the contest!

Tip: Bring extra things like bobby pins, safety pins (wardrobe malfunctions DO happen!) your lippy, feminine products, etc just in case! 

Eat before the contest! I can't stress this enough you seriously don't want to faint at the contest! Make sure you have a good meal before you hit the stage and stay hydrated! Again the awesome thing about Daisy Jones they had snacks available for us not all places do that.

Drinking can you during the contest? Most places do serve alcohol during the contests. I honestly don't drink during contests because I am such a light weight as it is so I would totally trip on stage! I would suggest to limit yourself when it comes to drinks in order to stay classy during contests.

Props: During contests, you can have props such as a parasol/umbrella, a fan or anything fun like that

Be on time: Make sure you arrive to the contest in plenty of time! Some contests require travel so give yourself plenty of time to make the trip, find parking etc. I hate being late to anywhere that's why I give myself plenty of time to make each contest.

Finals tips!

Don't sweat the small stuff: It's easy to get stressed and you can feel overwhelmed so if you take it easy during prep etc then you be so nervous.

Don't get nervous! This is tricky I don't get nervous until I step on the stage but just remember to breathe and focus!

Have confidence: That is what pinup is all about! It is your most important accessory! 

Don't be a sore loser: You're not always going to win the contest. Just remember they are plenty more contests out there. Congratulate the winner. Honestly the best part for me is seeing my friends take the crown. I was over the moon when Sara won MDVBN she's amazing!

Remember to show your personally: That's what the judges want to see! Make sure you twirl, dance, smile the biggest smile you can do and let your star shine!

Have fun! Remember to enjoy doing the contest and making new friends that's what it's all about!

I hope I covered everything! I know it's a long post, but take it everything to heart.

Have a great day!

Miss Mag Nificent




Comments

Popular Posts