Sunday Thouhgts: A car named Sunni

Happy Mothers Day!!

I am officially on vacation this week but I still plan to have blogs scheduled on here. I am a few back burner posts that need to go up and what better time than vacation?

I took the rest of the week of from blogging mainly because I didn't have anything for fashion Friday, I am in the process of writing a "How to" on shopping online, doing returns etc. I have purchased a bathing suit off of Amazon as well so be on the look out for that!

I was busy on Thursday, I went car shopping and I found a new baby!!!

Let me introduce you to Sunni:


Sunni is a 2003 Chevy Cavalier. She was not my first choice in a car but she wound up being the best choice. Fun Fact: I always have wanted a yellow vehicle of some kind before I got Shorty (my 05 Scion) I had test drove a yellow pickup and really wanted one but it turned out more pricey than I thought so I didn't end up getting it. So every time I see a yellow truck I will shout "Yellow Truck!"

After Harvey's accident and getting through all the transition with that, I wasn't 'ready' to car shop but after I was dealing with the insurance company, my best friend Robbie and I went to look at some cars that he picked out for me. At one dealership, there was a yellow 2000 VW Bug that I instantly wanted, also I've always wanted a Bug too so when Thursday rolled around and we got there to test drive it, the dream instantly shattered. 

The VW was a hot mess from the word go. We were getting ready to test drive, it didn't start. Robbie couldn't even get the hood lid open and there was trouble with the trunk too. I knew that was a major problem. During the test drive the bug died 4 times.

Yes 4 times.

At first I thought there was minor problems that could be fixed. Nope. As the test drive wore on, the sun roof wouldn't close after I opened it, and as we headed back to the dealership we were at a train tracks waiting for a train..... The VW died again.

Lucky for us the truck ahead of us, Robbie knew so he helped us push the VW off to the side, and offered us a ride back to the dealership. Then we got the owner of the dealership and headed back to the VW to charge it and Robbie's partner met us so they got the VW dumped and Robbie drove the VW back to the dealership. The other car I was interested in didn't even start either which was really disappointing to say the least.

I was about to give up when Robbie suggested we keep trying. We stopped at 3 more dealerships when the 3rd and the last would be the place I find Sunni. Like the bug, it was love at first site:



We test drove it and there was no single problems with it. Just minor things that Robbie can fix. But it had a salvage title which means it was damaged before and repaired kind of like Harvey if I hadn't decided to total him. But we got a deal on it and the rest is history:



I had bought some Sunflowers for the VW originally but I will use them in Sunni and some pineapple stuff too!! Also some yellow Converse :)

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts