Cat Eye Art

 I am on vacation this week so all my posts are post dated! 


About a month ago, I got the urge to change to make some changes to my bathroom (yes again). I was hoping to move into a new home but with the accident, etc. It had to be on the back burner. So I decided to make some small simple cosmetic changes for the time being. I haven't gone overboard (yet) but I did make some new artwork pieces including this one and then a new sign for bathroom. Which will be in future posts!


Onto the post!

If you remember from my Sock Hop, I had gotten this cat eye glasses that were just the frames without any glass in them, I ended up with all but one pair leftover and I knew that I wanted to create a piece with them and then decided it would be fun to put in my bathroom!

Wal-Mart now carries canvases in an a two pack so I picked up an 8x10" set:



Next, I took some acrylic paint in Pool Blue and did one coat with a roller:


 I chose black, turquoise, and white glasses, removed the handles then lined them up on the canvas:


Then I took some E6000 glue, put it on the corners of the glasses and along the edge of the frames then placed them back in the spots I had them before and let it dry overnight. 

Here's the finished product which is now hanging in the bathroom:


I am overall pleased how well this designed turned out! I can't wait to share the rest of my changes! 

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent


Comments

Popular Posts