The Victory Rolls Saga Part 1

One of my goals for the New Year is to learn how to do Victory Rolls. It is probably one of the sacred pin up hair styles out there and no doubt the most difficult to master.

I have had victory rolls before I had them on my very first pin up shoot with Vixen, so they can be done on my head just that I have super fine hair so it is a bit of process for me. I have watched YouTube videos up to the wazoo (which I link everything down below) and I invested in a tool as well.

Remember! I am just learning how to do this so this is trial and error for me. I'll add the other elements  (teasing etc) once I get the other stuff down first!

My first go round wasn't that successful. In fact, all I manged was to the left side sort of rolled:


When I attempted the right, my hair said "Nah" I knew we were done for the day.



Let me tell you my arms were tired!

So on Saturday, I made another honest attempt, I sat on a stool in front of the mirror, manned some bobby pins, put on some JD McPherson and got to work:


As you can see, I got some baby Victory Rolls started!! I was pretty pleased with this result. Although it is not perfect yet, but progress is progress!

Product used: Roll and Go Hair Tool I will be doing a full review eventually once I get the hang of using it! 

Video:

Pin Up Mummy in a Hurry  I came across this one and this is what I sort of did with my rolls (besides using the tool)  it's a great video if you're in a hurry or like me don't have the patience!

That's it for part 1. I am not sure when part 2 will be but hopefully it's in the near future!

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent



Comments

Popular Posts