Lessons Learned from Planet CC





For Whatever Wednesday, I wanted to share my lessons I learned from my 2 days at Planet CC. As you know this is 5th Comic Con but my first major one. Planet CC, is much larger in comparison to O Comic Con or Wizard World. There is way more to do, etc. Plus with the other Cons, I've only attended 1 day and opposed to 2 days with Planet CC. Actually 1 day still probably would have been enough for me. However, a few of the celebrities were not available on Friday (Amy Jo and Sting) so we did an extra day.
 

Anyways, I wanted to come up with a list of tips that may come in handy for you if your go to a Con in the future. I am glad I waited to go when I did because I would have not been as prepared now.


1. Planet CC is hella expensive 

Again, this wasn't first Con rodeo but there were more vendors, etc. Plus the admission killed me in cost. Not to mention costs of celeb autographs, etc. Which brings me to #2

2. Buy tickets, etc online 

If you can that is! My cousin had bought the passes for the others just not me hence why I had to pay more for my pass. Also you can purchase professional photo ops (which in the end I learned I could have done a cell phone picture of JDF at probably half the cost I paid).

3. Look into prices of celeb autographs, etc.

Since we're in the cost category, I thought I would go along with it. The websites of most cons will provide the cost of certain celebs however some aren't until the day of. Which was the case for JDF they were running a special for his autographs/cell pictures. Had I known that prior, I would have gone that route but I had already brought items for him to sign. Generally most celebs will do cell photos at their booth. Because that's what I did with James Masters, and Amy Jo Johnson. Also I did already have autograph photos of JDF that my cousin gave me before I officially met him.

4. Don't wear knickers that will fall off you butt!

Nuff said.

5. Wear comfortable shoes 

This is also a no brainier. You are going to be on your feet most of the day. I wore Converse both days which in the end turned about to be a good idea. Although Nike would have been good as well.

6. Pick a non busy day to attend the Con

This might be a tad hard since you really can't predict how busy a Con is going to be.  O Comic Con. I have always attended Sunday (the last day) and it's not as busy. Wizard World was on a Saturday it was a tad busy but not too bad or maybe I hadn't noticed. In comparison, Friday didn't seem as hectic as Saturday was and I get that because most people are still working on Fridays.

7. To cosplay or not to cosplay? That IS the question

I decided NOT to cosplay at Planet CC. In fact, I really haven't for any con. Mainly the cons are in the summer, etc and I don't want to be hot/uncomfortable the whole day. Plus it turned out to be uber hot in the convention center with all the bodies. I even didn't wear my cardigan after awhile both days!  Now don't get me wrong I admire anyone who does cosplay because it does take time, effort, money, etc to do it. Maybe eventually I will but I wore dresses both days and was comfortable.

8. Sit while you can! 

One of the disappointing things about Planet CC is there wasn't enough tables/chairs to sit at during the Con. I ended up sitting on the floor a lot of the times which didn't bother me. I wrote that in my review of Planet CC that maybe they come up with something in the future.

9. Support the artists 

Besides the big name celebs, they are local artists/vendors who are trying to make it out there. That's why I love to support anyone I can. Hence why I stopped at Bill Amend's table he had no one! So I made it a point to stop by.

10. Take a big bag (backpack)

I sort of prepared for this but later on I realized that I should have taken a back pack. I had my back pack purse with me and then my big Batman hand bag (which is a shoulder bag), but that was even too much to lug around. I did have my large 31 Tote to hold everything in when we got back to the vehicle which helped.

11. Fast Pass people suck 

Kidding! Kinda. I had no idea that you can spend additional money to basically cut in line for certain things. Hence why I chose the Fox Trot cartoon I did because that's how I felt.

12. Take advantage of coat/bag check 

I did both days because I did not want to lug my hoodie around all day. Plus I was also carrying a bag of stuff that I had purchased. It was only $3.00 for the whole day. This gave me piece of mind that my belongings were safe.

13. Budget yourself 

This should have been up with the costs section but I almost forgot to include it. But I didn't budget myself as well I should have because I needed more money then what I had planned for (thank goodness for ATM's) but I plan to the next time I go.

14. Remember your manners 

It does go a long way!

15. Take a cell battery charging pack 

I am glad I brought mine! At Wizard World they had a charging station not so much here.

16. Pack a swimsuit and gym clothes! 

I didn't know the hotel were staying at had both a gym and pool. I didn't think of packing either one. Usually I know places do but there have been times were there hasn't been either one.


17. Eat a good breakfast/meal

When we were at the hotel, I made sure to really eat a good breakfast because food (like everything else) was pricey. But hey it was free so I took advantage!

18. Celebrities are NEVER punctual

True story. I learned this quickly during free comic book day. With Nell Campbell and Dean Cain so it was no real shock during Planet CC with JDF he was doing a photo op so that made sense. I know a few others had flight issues so it happens. Just be prepared to wait.  

Whew! I think that is it and I hoped I covered everything.

I still have a couple more Planet CC posts. I think I will have to do my haul next week. I am writing every day to get almost everything in.

Stay tuned!!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts