Planet Comic Day 2

Yesterday was part 1 now onto the thrilling conclusion of Miss Mag Nificent's adventure at Planet Comic Con! (Totally nerdy intro right?) 

Miss Mag Nificent's Adventures Planet Comic Con Day 2! 

After an rather thrilling day 1 of Planet CC it was time to take on Day 2. My main goal of the day was to meet now the pink ranger Ami Jo Johnson. I also wanted to purchase an item I had saw on Friday which will be a future fashion Friday.

I wore my pop art dress for day 2 and had a good breakfast at the hotel (another lesson) then we were on our way. This time Day 2 started at 10am so we wanted to get there early mainly for parking but Greg and Tina wanted to meet former WWE wrestler Sting who was doing a signing at 10am. Amy Jo was also signing that time too. I quickly got in line (no over flow for this girl!) again she didn't arrive on time but around 10:45-ish and let me tell you she is pretty short and hasn't aged! I did go ahead with photo op/autograph since it wasn't as pricey as JDF. She was a sweetheart, signed my thermos (in pink!!) and then we had to photo:





That makes 3 rangers I now have :)

After that, I bee-lined it to the booth I was looking at yesterday then got a few goodies which I will spoiler alert you with the one item:

Tina from Bob's Burgers All the Single Ladies Bow!


I found out that Sting was late (surprise surprise) to the autograph signing and wasn't going to until 1pm and also that was the photo op time too that meant my cousin, Tina and Greg would be waiting around for him. That meant I had to kill about an hour (groan) on my own. I was pretty beat from Friday and my calves were killing me so this is how I killed time:



Also yesterday, I saw the Impala from Supernatural aka Baby (sorry I am not a Supernatural fan) 


Then the Ford Angelia from Harry Potter!! (which I found was named Myrtle???) I had a fan girl moment there! 



I also stopped at Bill Ahmed's booth who is the creator of Fox Trot one of my favorite comics and had him sign some art work:



But after that, I really didn't want to wonder anymore because it was crowded AF (I don't like crowds odd I know) and I was still tired from all the walking I did. Picture Tina from Bob's Burgers doing the the diarrhea walk:




So I did a lot of sitting when I could. I was pretty done for the day but the rest of my crew wasn't (yup another color me irritated) I had also grabbed lunch and suggested that Steve and Tina do the same. Steve is a diabetic after all. Well there shortest food line really was this grilled cheese stand (where I got my lunch) however, while they were waiting for their food it was time for them to go for the photo op which meant I had to stand in line to get their sandwiches and that turned into a hot mess all in itself!! 

The poor people at the food stand literally ran out of food items (bacon, chips) and I had to make the choice to substitute which I tried to do ham but Steve and Tina don't like ham (ugh really? It's not my favorite neither but I will eat in a pinch) then talking about getting a refund for no chips. It really wasn't the vendors fault they actually said they were from the baseball field KC Royals and we pitching in they had no contact with any of their supervisors, etc. Right before their sandwiches were made chips and bacon arrived! Side note: I hate being put on the spot and making other people's decisions. 

We ended up doing some more walking (much to my dismay) and finally left the Con at 3pm. Then we did one more stop at St. Joe to Entertain Mart which basically is a version of a store we used to have in Nebraska called Hastings (same paint job too) but with other item from their sister store called Vintage Stock. I got some books for my book list (buy two get one free!) I will be sharing those in my haul on Saturday. 

Then we got back to Nebraska by 8:30pm and I was happy to be home! I got about 14,000 steps in.

That is the conclusion of my 2 Days at Planet CC. Overall I did have a good time even though it was crazy Saturday. Tomorrow I will be sharing my lessons that I learned from the event!

Until then,

XO, 

Miss Mag Nificent 



Comments

Popular Posts