Planet Comic Con Day 1

Hi everyone!

What a weekend!!

All this week, I will be sharing posts that are Planet CC related. So I will be dividing up the 2 days into 2 separate posts, I will also be writing "What I learned from Planet CC", along with what I got a type of haul, a really nerdy post, and ending the week with a fashion Friday with pieces I picked up from Planet CC. Next, Friday I will have another outfit too. 

Let's get onto it!

Miss Mag Nificent's Adventure of Planet CC part 1

As you know already, I was supposed to go to Planet CC in 2016 but due to some unseen circumstances I ended up not going. This is my 5th Comic Con and my 1st major one. Planet CC is one of the biggest Cons in the Mid West. I'm from Nebraska. I have been to O Comic Con 3 times and Wizard World in Des, Monies Iowa last year. I know there are bigger Cons of course like NY Comic Con and the ever epic San Diego Comic Con. But for the mid west we take what we can get.

I was going to Planet CC to meet Jason David Frank the green/white power ranger in my day. He did a few other additional rangers later on but this was during my time (#90skid). I was ready to meet him:



 

The Fab Four which is myself, my  cousin Steve (he's into Star Wars and Star Trek) our friends Greg (comic books, Star Wars, and Wrestling) and Tina (Battle Star Galatia and Wrestling).  We do all the nerdy events to the comic book stores (free comic book day) most movies, and the cons. I have a lot of nerdy friends don't get me wrong but we have our group and have a blast going to these. We left for KC around 9am after breakfast.

KC is a 3 hour drive for us and Planet CC doesn't start till noon on Friday anyways. We got to the convention center by 1pm. The only problem was parking. Steve boasted that last year, the got right across from the convention center well not the case Friday. We wound up 4 blocks away from the convention center and Steve drives a Ford Excursion the clearance was CLOSE the antenna scrapped the top of the parking garage (cringe worthy!) we wound up on the top of the parking garage which was 7 floors (thank goodness for elevators!).

When we made it, I had to get my ticket for the two days (more on that later) which was at a box office across the street! (color me irritated) then after we got in, we went upstairs to the main floor or grand ball room or something? Where MOST of the con stuff was (vendors, artists, the celebs, etc) let me tell you I was like a newborn child wanting to get into everything (mainly BUY ALL THE THINGS) the first thing I did was buy period panties (more on that later too there will be a review!) then we started to walk around. I found out that JDF wasn't signing autographs/doing photo ops until 4:45pm-5pm (again color me irritated) so I had to kill time which can be a deadly vice in my opinion. I did some walking around picking up a few items then purchasing my photo op with him.

I got in line for the photo op 4:30pm (15 minutes before) and another thing I learned was people who pay extra for "fast passes" who basically are glorified ultimate nerds and are line cutters. They got first access to stuff including  celeb stuff (yes another colored me irritated. Grrrr). But I was doing an impatient dance (me basically doing the twist) and making conversation with family in front of me.

Note: Celebs never are on time (another lesson) I think it was 4:45pm when we finally were herded into the photo op booth. It was so DAMN fast I shook hands with JDF we posed and that was it. My picture popped out right after. My cousin said I was a big floaty goon (#nosame) when I came out of the booth if you have seen JDF you get me. Then I had to hustle over to his autograph line which was already in overflow so I had to wait again. Longer this time. Then finally he makes it to the booth:

I'm in there somewhere ha ha!


The downfall was the cost of his autographs (I had two items signed) then additional cost for cell phone pictures which was REALLY expensive I didn't do it because I had already PAID for the photo op so I didn't do it. I regret it a little but then when my moment came to meet JDF was amazing!

He commented on my outfit :) took a picture of my old school thermos (best purchase ever) and even took a picture of it. Then as we were talking (ok me standing like a dork) he mentioned the photo op photo and offered to sign it FOR FREE. I literally cried! Because I had spent all the money I had brought all but $15 (I got more later thank goodness for atm) and then thanked me for being a fan. The best 2 minutes of my life. He singed my unopened action figure, my thermos and my picture:



I have been pretty damn lucky with the celebs I have met so far (6 total counting one comic artist) have been really nice I know some cases they aren't. After meeting JDF I was done (as in stick a fork in me) so we left for the night. We walked 4 blocks back to the parking garage (no other cars were there when got there!) put in 16,000 steps, went to our hotel for the night and then grabbed supper.

Whew! Sorry this post was long (thanks for sticking with it!) and I will bring you part 2 tomorrow! Same Bat time same Bat Channel!!


XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts