Night at the museum: Clayton Anderson

Saturday night, my dad and I went to the SAC Museum which is in Ashland, Nebraska. I've been there numerous times since my youth, but it's been a few years since my last trip. I wanted to go this time because our own astronaut Clayton Anderson was going to be there.

Who is Clayton Anderson? Why he is Nebraska's very own astronaut! He is in fact from Ashland Nebraska and has his own wing now at SAC pretty exciting huh? The reason he was there Saturday was to unveil his SOKOL suit which is what he wore while he was on the international space station. He talked about the story of how he acquired the suit and then after we could meet him for an autograph!

My cell phone died during the talk, I did manage to take a few photos and used my Instastax for my picture with Clay. We did have to wait an hour to meet Clay and also we had to wait in line to purchase a poster which was a tad unorganized I don't think the museum was expecting that big of a turnout (standing room only).  However, we had fun and Clay is a swell guy!

Here are some photos:

The Suit!         


Clayton Anderson! 

Outside of the museum    

It was a tad windy! Dress review soon!



I also went to Morrill hall on Friday hopefully I can get that post in this week. I need to throw in the rest of my Halloween stuff this week so there will be a post everyday.

See you tomorrow!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 


Comments

Popular Posts