Halloween Decorating 2017 Part 1

Before I begin this post there will be two parts so not to overwhelm you with too much Halloween goodness (wink wink)

Here is last year's decorating post

From 2011 

Funny it's all I can find you'd think I'd have more posts than this. 


It's my favorite time of the year! Decorating for Halloween but needless to say I wasn't overly excited as I have been in year's past mainly because I have WAY to much Halloween stuff. #thestruggleisreal
And my collection seems to grow every year. Can you blame me? There is such amazing stuff each and every year but that means more boxes, more storage space etc.

Since I did a major cleaning overhaul this summer and cleaned my studio top to bottom. So almost all my Halloween stuff were stored in the studio closet. The thought of pulling out those boxes to attempt to decorate gave a tad bit of anxiety because I was afraid I would make the mess in the studio. I did some "light" decorating when I did a spree at Target's Dollar Section (I have yet to see the full section) and when I went to Michaels too. Finally last week, I braved the closet and started to decorate.

I decided to do a less is more approach with my decorating this year. Mainly because I didn't want to put out everything (and I mean everything) that I would put out of few of my favorite/staple pieces plus a few new pieces:



Since I downsized my coffee table to a vintage trunk that means I don't clutter it as much. I have this red tray that used to be in my bathroom (Target Dollar Spot) as my centerpiece and I add a few items in there. The vintage style witch/pumpkin is from Hobby Lobby along with the Spell bottle (Beetle Juice! Beetle Juice! Beetle Juice!) I have started a spell bottle collection this year. Then my votive holder is from Party Lite years ago. I also added some of my large Halloween confetti pieces.

I kept my hand mirror from Pickens (it has eyeball sticker on it) out along with a Dollar Tree plate which is where I put my jewelry out for the night for work




Next, I have my Jack Skellington doll that was a garage sale many moons ago. I recently found Zero at Wal-Greens!! I was so excited so I paired them on my shelf from with Halloween DVD collection and above is my vintage pumpkins I got at Junkstock one year.



I got this Planchette key holder from Sourpuss (of course) I love it so much that I will have it up year round!! It's a nice upgrade from my command hook!


This was an exciting purchase from Pop Culture Exchange this Lily Munster print:



Isn't she amazing? I saw it on their Facebook page so I knew I had to have her. She will be a year-round decoration :) The skull pillow is from Sourpuss I use the black pillows year-round. I also used my Skeletal-Animal, my purple Relay blanket and my vintage pumpkin bucket.


I got the skull picture from Michaels in early September it was on sale and I had a coupon (thank you very much) I've named him Fredric :) The gold skull was a Target Dollar Stop Purchase ($3) I've named him Hector. I also got the skull and crossbones plaque from Target too. I used my Twilight books to stack Hector on since I didn't any vintage books for it. And the Hello Kitty Bat and My pirate Owl are a past Target and Hallmark purchase.


I will share the rest of my decorations next week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts