Simple Frame Re-vamp

I worked in the studio Tuesday. I started out by re-arranging things taking stuff down off my shelfs, dusting, re-hanging stuff, etc. Well I had a box of Hawaiian/beach stuff when I came across two flip-flop frames. One was broken the back came off the other was a garage sale/throw away find:

The frame on the right is the broken one:



The picture is of me (I look a lot thinner) and my cat who has since passed away. I miss her everyday she was my baby. 

The other frame I'm not wild about the beads on it or the coloring for some reason. But it doesn't mean I can't do something about it. So first I took my pliers and removed the beads which wound going everywhere. LOL then I took another colored paint chip to use a background I went with Life vest orange:


I cut the pait chip to size, then I glued down my picture with my trusty glue dots:


As I was preparing to everything together, I noticed the plastic in the orange flip-flop frame had a dent in it. No problem there, I have a roll of laminate so I just cut some to size:


And used that to replace the bent plastic now here is my frame complete on my night stand:


That's my pound purry from back in the day have I mentioned I love old school stuff?

I had thought about adding a different charm to the frame but changed my mind in the end becauseit makes the frame look too busy. Overall I am quite pleased at the turn out. As much as I love the other frame it's nice that I am able to display one of my favorite pictures in a new frame. I'm sure I could make the other frame into a magnet or something fun like that!

I will wrap up the week with more of my sunflower study!


Comments

Popular Posts