Fun with paper tubes

Artists have an obsession habit of saving stuff. We always think to ourselves "I know I can make something awesome out of this" For me, I try to LIMIT (ha ha) what I save. One being storage of said items. I try to save small items because they are easier to store. I have a drawer of alter-ables. I have a ton of beer/pop boxes because they can be stored flat. Anyways one of the things I started saving again is paper tubes.

I always love using them with the kiddos in Sunday school or VBS. It's an easy go to project, you know shakers or rain stick, telescopes to name a few. Heck, I even have a whole chapter of a book on to make things from said tubes. You've seen my crackers on here before.

Recently on another creative blog Alisa Burke she shared some techniques using paper tubes. Artists are also on a budget (this artist is) and I love reading Alisa's blog because she has such awesome project ideas from everyday items. I have been trying more of them lately. When I babysat Izzy a couple weeks ago, she wanted to do art so I gave Izzy, a bunch of tubes and paint. Here is her master piece:

Via Instagram

Not bad huh?

Stay tuned for my project with paper tubes!!

Have a great week :)

Comments

Popular Posts