Me vs Technology

Usually today is Wordless Wednesday but I need to rant.

Technology hates me. And I am not too found of it either. It began Saturday with my smart phone. I recently a year ago got a smart phone because well I needed an upgrade get with it so I got the fancy HTC Status you know the one that commercials where you took picture and the people turned blue? Because there was a Facebook button right on your phone so you just hit that button no texting, or any complicated trick to upload your pic to Facebook.

The phone was great up until March then it became a headache. I'd take a picture try to save it then it would you don't have enough memory what? Or if I tried to access my gallery it would say no pictures were there that made me even madder. So found out the phone's memory was crappy and was able to trade smart phones. I ended up with a Samsung phone which is both touch screen and keyboard.

The phone has been fine up until Saturday suddenly it says my memory on my phone is low. Again what? For the record I am not down load APP happy. I have Facebook, Instagram, Pandora/I ♥ Radio and my e-mail that's it. Half of the stuff that's on my phone I don't even flippin use. GPS? Forget it (especially when they charge you $1.99 a month), calendar? Nope still am old fashioned and have a hand written day runner if I remember to use that is, calculator? I use sometimes. I don't even use that stupid scanner thing you hear so much about.

It gets better. Then my text messages were being rejected saying my inbox was full. That I don't understand either because I'm really good about deleting text messages. I usually will delete all of them after I am doing talking to someone. I usually empty it several times a day so any incoming text messages were not coming in. I was at my whit's end trying to fix my phone. The bad news is I'm not due for an upgrade till April 2013 oh the joys of signing a contract. As of now my phone is working no "issues" since Sunday.

I'm not done yet.

I have a computer it's an old with mixed parts but it works, I use it for music mainly, to plug my cell into the USB port and I play Diner Dash on it. Sunday I was in the studio cleaning it, and I had my computer on music going then my screen went black you know sleep mode I moved the mouse to wake the computer some went wonky. Suddenly it won't boot up. I figured it was a sign I needed to call it a night so I shut it off and went to bed.

Yesterday I tried to boot it up nothing it keeps saying "boot halted" I've checked my cords everything. This isn't my first rodeo with this either. I know it's old, I am just hoping it's not going belly up on me already because I just uploaded ALL my pics from my camera onto that computer. I'm also not ready to call my personal geek squad yet either. (Yeah I'm that cool I have my own personal geek squad). I walked away from it yesterday because my temper was flaring, I almost threw my phone at the computer. No I know that wouldn't fix anything but it would make me feel better.

Does technology drive you nuts too?

Comments

Popular Posts