Re-watching Twilight Part 2

I finally got around to finishing off the Twilight movies. It's been a couple of weeks ago, but I almost forgot about writing the last part of this post!

Let's get on with it shall we?


Breaking Dawn Part 1: Original release November 18, 2011

In the opening of the movie we get everyone getting the wedding invites including an unhappy Jacob.

What I like about part 1 (besides the wedding) is that we learn more about Edward (if you want an in depth story read Midnight Sun). He talks (to Bella before the wedding) about his "rebellion" stage after Carlisle changed him. 

Bella has a dream/nightmare about the wedding where we get this lovely image of Edward:





Anyways, when I first watched the wedding scene I hated Bella's wedding dress and preferred the one she wore in the dream (it was a strapless number if you remember) but watching it again now older I prefer her actual wedding dress. 


I won't go into too many details here but I forgot how much I liked both movies. 

I give Breaking Dawn Part 1 ***** 5 Stars

Breaking Dawn Part 2: Original release November 12, 2012 

I like how they jump right into the movie right where the first one ends. Bella has become a vampire. We see how she adapts with her "talent" and her little one grow up. Then there's the fear of The Volturi coming to cause an epic vampire war on The Cullen's.

I was shocked to discover that one of the vampire coven's Rami Malek (who plays the iconic Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody) plays Benjamin. 

The vampire/Wolf battle royal (spoiler alert is just Alice's vision) with The Volturi I keep forgetting isn't real because we don't know it is until after the fact because there's a lot of shock and awe in that scary vision.  Even after all these years I was still shocked. I'm pretty sure that's the point. 

The movie ends happily ever after of course. 

I also give Part 2 ***** 5 Stars. 

Does Twilight movies still hold the test of time? Absolutely 

As for being Team Edward or Team Jacob. It's a draw because both of them are handsome and valid points. Although I'd lean more towards Jacob since he's a human heater!

Stay Spooky!

Miss Mag Nificent   


Comments

Popular Posts