Coke Milkshake Maker

One of my long vintage related items on my wish list was a milkshake machine. I've across a couple on occasion but never pull the trigger. Mainly because of price or of concern that a used one might not work. Right before Christmas, I was at Hobby Lobby and found a Coke milkshake machine!

If you know me. I collect vintage Coke items or replicas. Seems like a "requirement" for all vintage/pinup lovers but honestly, it was sort of an accident. I always remember my dad talking about the vintage Coca-Cola straws that went for a super high price back when he used to frequent auctions. Coke products always fascinated me and my collection started with a tin. Now my collection has grown. I even posed with a Coke bottle for my first pinup pictures, and I have used Coke bottles as props for two of my past contests. 

Back to the milkshake machine. I knew I had to ask to have the machine for Christmas. On Christmas morning......


The machine is pretty basic:





It runs on two speeds and it has the silver cup included. No instructions which made things fun. 

Here's my current set up now that my cocoa bar is gone:



I decided to make finally make a milkshake on New Year's. I picked up some malted milk mix, ice cream, cherries and of course chocolate syrup. 

I went off the malted milk recipe to get an idea of how to make my milkshake then added the syrup. I put the cup on the holder of the machine and turned it on. What I discovered is that the cup has to hooked up for the machine to work. Here's my first go of it:




I need to work on thickness but otherwise I was pleased how it turned out. I can't wait to make more milkshakes! 


Stay Spooky!

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts