37 Lessons at 37 Part 1

Tomorrow I turn 37 and it's been my tradition to share my lessons for the year of my age. I decided to break up into two parts (part of my Sunday thoughts) and then other half on my birthday.

A few have repeated this year because they are relevant this year more than ever. There are quotes in here too!

1. "At the end of every tough decision there is a better road" ~Jeremy Roloff.

If you watch Little People Big World you might be familiar with Jeremy Roloff the oldest (he has a twin Zach who is a Little Person) he quoted this on his podcast with his wife Audrey called "Behind the scenes" It rings 100% true. Honestly I wished I had heard this at the beginning of the year!

2. Highlight to Jesus.

This is a quote my friend Tori and I made. We love a good highlight!

3. Those who no longer serve you in life will show themselves out

Basically like a "The trash let itself out" mantra.

4. Van are the most comfortable shoes ever.

I'm becoming a Vans convert!!

5. Setting spray sets the mood.

I love a good setting spray! Besides adding highlight it's the most satisfying step.

6. Journaling will never go out of style

As much as I love blogging I have been a solid journal writer for years.

7. South Park is a guilty pleasure

I'm really late to the party on this (since it came out when I was growing up) but I've become addicted to watching South Park at work. It makes me laugh.

8. Podcasts are better than radio

I never thought I would become a podcast person but here I am! I need to do an updated list on the ones I listen to weekly.

9. Life is definitely unexpected.

Can I get an Amen! Especially this year.

10. Lip scrubs are the best.

Enough said.

11. Walk away from toxic situations.

This is hard one! But know when to walk away.

12. It's okay not to be okay.

Especially during this time.

13. The Universe has a plan bigger than yours.

I would have never thought a year ago I would be back at my current job and loosing my seasonal previous one. But I am where I needed to be.

14. Find joy in the little things
15. Midge Maisel is a champion for women everywhere.

I love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and she's definitely what the world needs right now

16. "You learn to live your new life and you can't imagine or even really remember how things were before" ~Danny J.

This! We're in a new normal right now I think in every phase of life we go through a new life especially getting older

17. Appreciate people in your life -never take them for granted.

With all this social distancing I haven't been able to see my mother and before this happened it was a few months since I last saw her and this has been really weighing on my heart/mind. I hope I can see her soon.

18. Letter writing never goes out style
I think I have sent more letters/cards in the last couple weeks than I have in a long time!

19. "Throw away the idea of getting back to your life as it was & embrace the idea of stepping into life as it is all the can be" ~Amy Purdy

Same with #16 quote we have to embrace the changes that come!

20. Patience is an an unpracticed virtue.
21.Step away from Social Media
22. Support small businesses
23. Spooky is not just for Halloween
24. Find Positives int he day even if it is getting dressed.
25. Make up is a form of self-care.

I think 25 is a good stopping point! I will continue with the rest tomorrow!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts