Husker Skirt

Happy Saturday!!!

As this post goes LIVE, I am on my way to Memorial aka Tom Osborne Stadium to the season opener of the Huskers vs. Alabama game!!!!

Back in May, the Husker coaching staff (minus the VB coach) did a small tour called Husker Blitz. My bank sponsored the tour and had a contest to share "Your Husker Story" so on a whim I entered the contest, I forgot about it until one day I was at work, I got an email stating I had won the contest!!! Let me tell you that email came at the right time when I found out I didn't get into Vintage Bike Night this year.

My dad, brother and I were interviewed a week ago the clip will be played during the game! Pretty exciting stuff! Barry has never been to a game so this is equally exciting for him!!

Last year, I had planned to do a pinup inspired look book featuring Husker items but I never got around to finishing it so my plan this year is to hopefully accomplish it.

As a bonus post for today, I am sharing how I took an old Husker t-shirt and added it to a skirt.

I had this idea to do a Husker style poodle type skirt and I was hoping to use an old handbag that I had but of course I couldn't locate it instead I found this old shirt:



I took a felt tip marker and traced around the logo then before I cut it out. Then I sewed it onto one of my black Steady circle skirts (I did use pins) :


As you know, I am not much of a sewer (just basics) but I am pleased how this turned out. I will be wearing it Saturday!!

Next week I will be recapping the game!

GO BIG RED!!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts