Vintage Finds: Enid Collins

Happy Friday!

I have a bonus post tomorrow on something that I have been sitting on for quite sometime! But today, I wanted to share a recent discovery I made.

I belong to a vintage group on Facebook, and there was a conversation about a box bag that turns about to be an Enid Collins

This cable car bag is from 1967


You can read about the history of Collins of Texas here I began to think about my own box bag that was my grandmothers that I had in storage is an Enid Collins!!! I noticed EC signature in the lower right corner confirmed it along with the inside of the box.

As you can see it has the Collins of Texas logo on the inside 

Along with box bags, Enid designed what they called "bucket" bags with the same gemstone designs on them and also kits to make your own bag.

I searched on Etsy some of the EC bags are pretty inexpensive however rare ones like Owl Design go for $200!! There's even astrology style ones too!

I priced my cable car box bag between $55-$65 but one bucket bag was priced $207!!

Let me tell you how I excited I was! To know that something that was my grandmothers-now is mine and has some value/history connected to it!!

Have great weekend!

Miss Mag Nificent



Comments

Popular Posts